1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Harvard MD and MSTP info

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by LilMissDrDoolittle, Feb 11, 2002.

1. LilMissDrDoolittle

LilMissDrDoolittle Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi

What days of the week does Harvard MD interview?
    Does anyone know when their last interviews are?

For those you who had an MSTP interview, what days do they interview? Is it a 2-day deal? And do they provide travel funding for the interview?

Have they stopped inviting?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

I have a Harvard New Pathways interview invite for March 4th (Monday). I dont know if thats their last date, but I imagine it has to be pretty close since they are supposed to have the final decisions sent out by the end of March.

I applied to NP, HST, and MSTP. I dont know about MSTP interviews, but I think their last interview date is on Feb 21st. I know they added a few more dates past the official dates because they were so backlogged with apps. Someone on another thread said that Harvard MSTP does NOT pay for interview costs.

good luck

4. Mr.D

Mr.D insipidus maximus
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Baylor 21 - when did you receive your invitation?
    Also, what other available interview dates were
    there? Thanks for the info.

5. chef

chef Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey baylor, would u even consider NP when you have MSTP offers from WashU and other top10's? Will NP offer you a scholarship or something?

6. chef

chef Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

to the original poster:

I didn't get an interview for MSTP, but I got a letter dated 2/9/02 stating that they'll start to review my file. I submitted my file back in sept/oct so I dunno what is going on. :confused:

7. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

chef,

I'm not considering Harvard unless I get an acceptance with full funding to their MSTP program.

I havent been able to check my PO box where my med school stuff is going to for the last 2 weeks (I will check it this saturday). I dont think I got an MSTP invite, because I believe they are already finished interviewing. I think the Harvard MSTP only sends stuff thru regular mail, so I'm going to see if the MSTP offered me an interview as well. If not, I'm going to call their office (the email stated that I could call the HST and MD/PhD programs to see if they would grant me an interview in conjunction with NP) and ask if they will give me an interview. If not, then I'm officially done with the interview process.

aescu,

I got the email today. My app has been complete for at least 4 months now.

The email they sent me didnt offer any other dates per se, but it did say that I could try to call and reschedule. Once you reschedule, the date is final however.

8. Weeble

Weeble Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Straight from the horse's mouth (as far as I know).

HST will be interviewing through 2/28. The last of their invitations will go out early next week.

New Pathway will be interviewing through 3/7 or 3/8. 99% of the invitations will be out by early next week.

Decision letters will be mailed on or about 3/28.

9. bomback

bomback Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got an interview invite last week for new pathways and I'm scheduled for 2/28. They assign a date.

10. LilMissDrDoolittle

LilMissDrDoolittle Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

So does it make a difference for Harvard if you interview on 3/7 vs sometime in Nov since they are NOT on rolling admissions?

11. italianlove

italianlove Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LilMissDrDoolittle:
    <strong>So does it make a difference for Harvard if you interview on 3/7 vs sometime in Nov since they are NOT on rolling admissions?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope, everyone gets decided on together.