Harvard or Hopkins?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KidA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently received a heads up from Harvard that I will be accepted without an interview because my MCAT score was extremely unique (12.5 overall) and I have very commpelling inter-personal skills. I also just received good news from Hopkins. Now.....what the hell should I do???? Somebody help me.....this choice is absolutley killing me. WHY IS LIFE SO DIFFICULT??

Harvard is cool because I think it has a pretty good name. Hopkins is cool because some ABC television series took place at the hospital recently. And the anatomy labes at both schools were absolutely killer!

Please send advice. I am too inept to make this decision on my own. Please, make it for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Humor appreciated in these tense months of waiting
wink.gif

------------------
Hercules

But there is also a time for sleeping.
-Odysseus in the Odyssey 11.330-331

I say Harvard.

Where else can you have a classic Boston accent and say Haaavvvaad.

Plus it comes first in the alphabet. These are reasons enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
KidA:

Thanx for giving us all a sense of perspective...I mean, just the fact that we have been fortunate enough to get to this point, applying to med school, is amazing.

I work with students who, because of their troubled family lives, can't even read at the age of 18.

So, I not only appreciate your humor, but I also think it points out that we should be thankful for what we have.

I'm not sure if you are applying to med school yourself, but your post sounds like an outsider's objective perspective.

I say Hopkins, and I'm not biased at all! I think you'd be fun to have around.

Originally posted by Linie:
I say Hopkins, and I'm not biased at all! I think you'd be fun to have around.

You guys need more fun people there...

hehe

Thank you.

Originally posted by KidA:
I recently received a heads up from Harvard that I will be accepted without an interview because my MCAT score was extremely unique (12.5 overall) and I have very commpelling inter-personal skills. I also just received good news from Hopkins. Now.....what the hell should I do???? Somebody help me.....this choice is absolutley killing me. WHY IS LIFE SO DIFFICULT??

Harvard is cool because I think it has a pretty good name. Hopkins is cool because some ABC television series took place at the hospital recently. And the anatomy labes at both schools were absolutely killer!

Please send advice. I am too inept to make this decision on my own. Please, make it for me.