harvard really rolling?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jessie12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just based on some of the previous threads, some applicants have been admitted already right? I'm interviewing on the 7th, and have decent stats. However, a friend of mine is interviewing near the end of February and thinks that if he switches his date to early February, he might have a better shot of admission. I sort of agree with him - we cant expect them to wait until they've interviewed everyone (from Sept-Feb) before making any decisions right?

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Harvard makes decisions throughout the interview process, but they don't actually tell any of the applicants until March. An exception might be the MD/PhD program from what I've heard on this forum, although I'm not sure how much I believe that.

harvard really rollin'...they hatin', patrollin' and tryin' catch me applyin' early

Members don't see this ad :)
so, would my friend be wise to re-schedule or just stick to his date (to avoid annoying the adcom!)

Harvard is NOT A ROLLING ADMISSION SCHOOL. EVERY piece of information from them indicates that they start admitting in March. Their voice message says so. Their interview-day packet says so. The information they release to the MSAR says so. Their website says so.

so, would my friend be wise to re-schedule or just stick to his date (to avoid annoying the adcom!)
Harvard is non-rolling. It doesn't make a difference. Stick to the original date.

It's unlikely your friend would get the earlier date, but either way, it would make little difference. Harvard us TRULY a non-rolling school.

The people who get "accepted" in September would still be accepted in March regardless of when they interviewed. I'd say it's pretty much a ranked waitlist where you hear your decision in March. And because it's a ranked waitlist, it doesn't matter when you've interviewed.

Now, for those planning on applying next year, the important thing is that rolling admissions is NOT rolling interviews. still very few spots there.