Harvard School of Dental Medicine Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Nope. Late July Applicant
Same here late July, would you mind sharing your stats? I’m OOS, 19AA, 24Reading, 21PAT, no subsections below 17, 3.6sgpa, 3.8gpa, 200+ shadow, 200+ volunteer, 400+ dental working hours

Members don't see this ad.

Same here late July, would you mind sharing your stats? I’m OOS, 19AA, 24Reading, 21PAT, no subsections below 17, 3.6sgpa, 3.8gpa, 200+ shadow, 200+ volunteer, 400+ dental working hours
Of course! I am an OOS applicant
28 AA/ 28 TS/ 18 PAT
4.0 GPA/4.0 sGPA
200 Volunteer hours
700+ research hours
140+ shadowing hours
I am disappointed to have not heard back yet but everything happens for a reason! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Of course! I am an OOS applicant
28 AA/ 28 TS/ 18 PAT
4.0 GPA/4.0 sGPA
200 Volunteer hours
700+ research hours
140+ shadowing hours
I am disappointed to have not heard back yet but everything happens for a reason! :)
Thanks for sharing, you’ve got a lot going for you! Keep your head up, I think you will get an interview👍🏼 I’m really hoping to get one before January!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed mid-november. is that considered late for a dec 15th decision?
nope it shouldn't be! usually anything prior to decision day will be released on day of, otherwise it's pretty safe to assume waitlist. Post DD interviewees will generally hear back week of

nope it shouldn't be! usually anything prior to decision day will be released on day of, otherwise it's pretty safe to assume waitlist. Post DD interviewees will generally hear back week of
thanks for your response!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are calls done for first round?
Looks like it. I was waiting by my phone all day unfortunately. :( I believe they will be sending out an email later today notifying us whether it was a rejection or waitlist. Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! Sending good luck and well wishes to everyone happy holidays!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone receive an email about rejection or waitlist? I haven't received any correspondent

Same here. Anyone know if they’ll be calling today?
I received an email early this morning at about 9:52 Central time. It seems like there will not be any more offers for the month of December and that they will continue with offers in January and February.

Last edited:
Any recent updates for anyone?
absolute silence. Their timeline says that they should be done with app review but the office said they were only going over august applicants a week ago.

I also interviewed a month and change ago and haven’t heard back. Hoping to hear soon as the people who put down multiple deposits have until tomorrow to make a decision.

has anyone heard back yet? starting to get a bit confused why i haven't heard anything back since my interview (early feb). but from what i heard from people, i think they already filled their class.

has anyone heard back yet? starting to get a bit confused why i haven't heard anything back since my interview (early feb). but from what i heard from people, i think they already filled their class.
Is it true they filled their class? Where did you hear it from?

Would they wait until everyone commits before they send out rejections/waitlist?
It might be more of a soft rejection or waitlist. I’m not sure, each school fills their classes in their own way. You could reach out to the school directly and ask them or keep waiting. It is a private school and it is insanely expensive so may some folks will drop their seats if they get somewhere cheaper.

It might be more of a soft rejection or waitlist. I’m not sure, each school fills their classes in their own way. You could reach out to the school directly and ask them or keep waiting. It is a private school and it is insanely expensive so may some folks will drop their seats if they get somewhere cheaper.
Thanks for the quick response! What’s a soft rejection?

I think it’s similar to an internal waitlist or rejection. So the school has a list but hasn’t sent out an official notice to the students yet.

They have not filled their class. I interviewed in late Feb and they still had seats available

When you interviewed, did they say when they will get back to you after the interview?
Well they told me we would know within 1-2 weeks but clearly that isn’t the case as nobody here has heard anything