Harvard Secondary Yet????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jabba

beezer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received a secondary/supp. application or an interview from Harvard Dental School? My application has been complete since early Aug. and no word yet!

Members don't see this ad.

jl,

no, I haven't heard anything either. I've called a couple times and the woman I've spoken with has been very nice but VAGUE, just saying that my file is scheduled/is in review.....Harvard is the ONLY east coast school I haven't heard from! :rolleyes:

only received a letter about file received, need something alse, nobody answer the phone mostly.

waiting is the only thing we can do, i guess :mad: :eek: :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, guys.
Actually, I called Harvard admin. and talked to the lady who works there.
She told me that my files are complete and she also said that I will receive a call in few days for scheduling interview. I was excited about this but guess what? I tought it was weird getting an interview offer before filling out 2ndary. So I called back and she change the story that she didn't say what I heard but told me to wait until they send me 2ndary. Isn't this some huge discrepency? And also They had to put my appli application on hold becasue I sent check (my parent's) which had my parent's names and they couldn't tell whom it was from even though I wrote my S.S.N on it.
I think Havard need to make some change in their ways of doing things... Any comments? :mad: :confused:

They keep on telling me that my application is being reviewed. Jeez, by the time I get a decision to be interviewed or not, the class will be filled. I don't know why this process takes so long! :mad:

hey guys..
I met a girl at Upenn interview who told me that she has an interview at Harvard on 23rd of October....
This tells that Harvard is making a process. right? But I don't know how they do things.
good luck.. :eek:

skim2,

Yeah, I've also encountered a bunch of folks on the interview circuit who've either already interviewed at Harvard or are scheduled too....i'm a little dissapointed/frustrated myself, of the 11 east coast schools I applied to it's the only one that hasn't given me an interview....I just wish they'd come out and flat out tell people they've been rejected rather than just keep them in the dark, you know??? Oh well, can't do anything but wait it out.... :confused:

Hey waiting
I totally agree with you...
I think Harvard only offers interview to those who had extraordinary DAT score like above 25. Then they will try to interview others to fill up the left over.
I mean if they are only accepting ~35 people out of total applicants ~750 people, they should be able to process them much quicker than other schools. don't you guys agree???
I think Harvard's administration process is not as good as other schools such as Upenn or any schools in east coast. (as you all know west coast schools are slow too).
I guess we have to wait and see what they are going to manage this Inconvenience..
:mad: :eek:

anyone with Harvard update?
thanks

no, still waiting...and at this point, don't really care anymore. It's too late to interview before 12/1st (i'm assuming all the dates have been filled) and I don't know if I'd even bother going if they gave me an interview after that, as i'll hopefully have some acceptances by then....

I have a girl in my class that interviewed there last weekend. I bet you think she has unreal DAT's, eh? Okay, well, hold on to your chair.....21/20. She seems very outgoing/amiable. But after hearing about all the people that havent heard a word, I'm a bit surprised. All I know is that she's worked for a pediatric dentist. Don't know anything else about her. I don't even know if she did a secondary.

There is a lot of mystique associated with the Harvard name. I'm sure it is a good school, but the folks at UCONN out did their Harvard mates on the latest boards and UCLA entering class stats are higher

Just curious but do people who interviewed at Harvard have some kind of connection?
Or Harvard randomly draw people'm name to be interviewed?

Can I ask your stat?
I start with mine
GPA-3.79 Sci(3.8)
DAT 22/23

i feel your frustration skim2....my stats are similar (3.73, 3.71 sci, 25/20)....

I've run into quite a few people on the interview circuit who've gone to Harvard for interviews & from talking to them they didn't seem to have particularly "unique" or amazing backgrounds, so I don't know what the deal is.

And it's true, UConn does do better than them on boards and as far as entering stats go several schools are higher or very similar (UCLA, Washington, Columbia, UNC, etc.)....from what I heard from a girl who interviewed at Harvard last week, they interview about 80 people out of their pool of 750 or so and offer spots to 40 of them to fill their class of 35....

If you're looking to specialize, Penn, Columbia, & UConn (that i know of) all place grads into specialty programs just as well, if not better, than Harvard...