Harvard Secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bostonienses

Tripping on lactic acid
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to know what Harvard requests of their applicants on their secondary application. I looked at the website, which briefly mentions letters of recommendation and the application fee, however there is no mention of how many essays are required, if any. Does anyone know?

Many thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

No essays...just fork over the dough.

Thanks! I am somewhat relieved to find out that I won't have to write that many essays after writing the AMCAS statement! Are there any other websites (and some other underground Harvard link that I failed to notice) that gives you more information in regards to other school's secondaries?
Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm...don't know of any websites with that info...what schools were you planning on applying to?...i'm sure the people here will have answers.

I think that the Medical School Admissions Requirements (MSAR) might say something about what is in their secondary. Or maybe it just says that everyone gets one.

Anyway there have been a few discussions over the fall about easy and hard secondaries if you search based on that you will get an idea of whose are the toughest. Plus there have been discussions that actually have listed specific secondary questions. You could also search for those, just remember that some schools change their questions from year to year.

Oh yeah Harvard asks how many siblings you have and their ages. Why?

i had a question too...i turned in my 2ndary for this school about 2 months ago...but i still havent' heard a thing! i am not sure what to expect...do they ever send out post-2ndary rejections or do they wait till the end to send them all in a batch? i was just wondering if anyone knew.

harvard waits til the end to send out rejections.

that sucks...thanks for letting me know uclaman...

i dont know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but follow the link in my sig for links to other schools 2aries.

Uh, oh.

Harvard's secondary had to be submitted by November 15th.