1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Harvard, Stanford, Duke interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by grasshopper, Jan 20, 2002.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm waiting for all three of these schools for possible interview invites and wondering how soon I give up hope, particularly with Harvard. Anybody heard from any of them within the past 2 weeks asking for an interview?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. quake

quake Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I heard from harvard 5 days ago, interview invite.
    Good luck!

4. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i was just at stanford this week and they said that they got a bottleneck of applications that they're going through. they told us to tell everyone that everyone else should hear soon. no news is good news from them, because if they dont want to interview you, they send a rejection to you right then. good luck.

5. bebe2

bebe2 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Duke invite Jan 7th. App submitted Dec 15th. Complete around Dec 20th. My case seems unusual though. Good luck to you.

Duke rejects post-secondary, so like Stanford, I believe no news is good news.

Bebe

P.S. How about sending them an update letter. It couldn't hurt.

6. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Ha! My app's been complete at all three since like the day the secondaries came out (except Duke, where it took me 4 days to write all their silly essays :))--all summer, I think. So you see why I'm getting a bit worried . . .actually, it just doesn't make a lot of sense, right? Why in the world would they not have bothered to look at such an early app by now? I had lots of other schools that did review it sometime, though, so perhaps it's just whatever random order they leaf through them in and I happen to be at the bottom at Stanford and Duke. Harvard I'm thinking it looks more and more like a rejection. ANYWAY, how do they tell you? Harvard is e-mail, I think? Can you tell the others on their status checks?