Harvard, Stanford, Duke interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grasshopper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for all three of these schools for possible interview invites and wondering how soon I give up hope, particularly with Harvard. Anybody heard from any of them within the past 2 weeks asking for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from harvard 5 days ago, interview invite.
Good luck!

i was just at stanford this week and they said that they got a bottleneck of applications that they're going through. they told us to tell everyone that everyone else should hear soon. no news is good news from them, because if they dont want to interview you, they send a rejection to you right then. good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Duke invite Jan 7th. App submitted Dec 15th. Complete around Dec 20th. My case seems unusual though. Good luck to you.

Duke rejects post-secondary, so like Stanford, I believe no news is good news.

Bebe

P.S. How about sending them an update letter. It couldn't hurt.

Originally posted by choker:
•i was just at stanford this week and they said that they got a bottleneck of applications that they're going through. they told us to tell everyone that everyone else should hear soon. no news is good news from them, because if they dont want to interview you, they send a rejection to you right then. good luck.•••

Yah! You guys are giving me hope.

I got a Stanford secondary in the middle of December, and sent it in right away. I haven't heard anything from them yet... But my app has been complete for a week now, so maybe sometime soon. And I've been complete at Duke now for three weeks, and have yet to hear back. Ditto for Harvard.

Together with Yale, those are the schools that I'm waiting on. :eek:

Ha! My app's been complete at all three since like the day the secondaries came out (except Duke, where it took me 4 days to write all their silly essays :))--all summer, I think. So you see why I'm getting a bit worried . . .actually, it just doesn't make a lot of sense, right? Why in the world would they not have bothered to look at such an early app by now? I had lots of other schools that did review it sometime, though, so perhaps it's just whatever random order they leaf through them in and I happen to be at the bottom at Stanford and Duke. Harvard I'm thinking it looks more and more like a rejection. ANYWAY, how do they tell you? Harvard is e-mail, I think? Can you tell the others on their status checks?