Harvard surgery on Ebay??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sundarban1

Devil in disguise
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this it pretty wierd. I don't even know if this is Harvard legit... hmmm. I know I wouldn't bid on it.

Weird. It's supposedly a vacation in Colombia. You could probably get away with it there more than here. I really wonder if this is for real...strange strange

Members don't see this ad :)
That really is quite odd

A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking.
Jerry Seinfeld

"Expect to get your gloves wet often every day and a nurse will be wiping the sweat from your forehead!"

LOL! This is really funny. A nurse wiping the sweat from my forehead is why I want to become a physician! Now I can accomplish my dream for two grand instead of two hundred grand. Isn't e-bay wonderful?

someone once tried to auction off the entire state of west virginia on ebay.

Google "Abraham Lechter" in quotation marks - you'll find some interesting things. Take a look at the 3rd and 5th links (cached).

I still think the ad is fake though. This doctor seems to do a lot of testimonials for products, ie. weight loss.

alexPDX said:
"Expect to get your gloves wet often every day and a nurse will be wiping the sweat from your forehead!"

LOL! This is really funny. A nurse wiping the sweat from my forehead is why I want to become a physician! Now I can accomplish my dream for two grand instead of two hundred grand. Isn't e-bay wonderful?

i had a nurse scratch my nose, and wipe fog off of my glasses while scrubbin in once. I felt like the MAN!

Is this for an IMG's "observership"? Wow, the seller does have a lot of positive feedback though. Weird.

boardchic said:
LMAO! I didn't know that. AHAHA. I'd seen people sell their clevage and forheads as advertising space though.

sounds like a good way to make money. i wonder if when i'm a physician if i will be able to charge people to shadow me. heh.. kinda like the people that pay to go "hunting" out west...

boardchic said:

looks like that someone failed their econ/gov't class in HS

The saddest part is that it is actually plausible, being that it is in Columbia, the is much less a chance of malpractice suit being filed. If it is an OR in Columbia, the chances of the patient knowing who was in the room doing what is small. In fact, american patients may always know the physician, but do they always know who the PA, surg tech, nurse, orderly, etc. was in the room at throughout the surgery? Not likely, but it is documented if there is a suit filed.

But in Columbia, who knows how that works, and what they can get away with, especially b/c its seems to be in a teaching hospital as they mention med students, and they will probably assume it is a visiting surgeon by the VIP treatment.

I dunno, it could easily be real, and if for someone who isn't going to go to medical school ever, had the interest, and had the money, I could definately see it as being enticing to many people. I mean, ER has been on this long without people interested in medicine.

this is an excellent idea guys! why dont you see this?! Look, im in the OR all the time b.c my research job requires me to pick up tumor samples; Even I 'participate' in the surgery by doing menial stuff for the .5 hr im in there or so since the surgeons are scrubbed. They can totally let the winner do some crap work that will have no effect on the patient. This will undoubtedly bring more $ in to the hospitals and save ER's! 2,000 isnt high but if they have 20 or so people doing this a day, thats bank. Im all for this with the caveat that the winner does BS work.

edit: considering that half of my med school interview at one place was conducted in the OR the surgeons can def. have people around; it isnt really a distraction for them.

tazdevil52 said:
The saddest part is that it is actually plausible, being that it is in Columbia, the is much less a chance of malpractice suit being filed. If it is an OR in Columbia, the chances of the patient knowing who was in the room doing what is small.

Hmm, and here I was thinking this was in "Colombia." I would pay 2k to scrub into an OR at Columbia and assist though.

(Note: correcting the poster's spelling is just me being a douche.)

Point taken, thanks for the help Summer's Eve