harvard vs cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lea

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
haha not like i'm in either one, but curious about what you guys think about which is the better school.
Harvard or Cornell?
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Harvard. Obviously?

Honestly, I didn't interview at Harvard, but I didn't really like Cornell. I guess I just didn't really see myself being friends with anyone there. If I get in I'll probably go to re-visit weekend to see if that changes my mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
diosa428 said:
Harvard. Obviously?

Honestly, I didn't interview at Harvard, but I didn't really like Cornell. I guess I just didn't really see myself being friends with anyone there. If I get in I'll probably go to re-visit weekend to see if that changes my mind.
Harvard. Definitely.

And yes, I share your sentiment with regards to Cornell. I thought the school had awesome resources, but I couldn't imagine myself there at all. On the other hand, it really wouldn't matter if I could or couldn't imagine myself at Harvard. If I got accepted, I'd enroll. :cool:

Which school offers better fin-aid packages?

Which school has a better-looking campus (yes, aesthetics do matter!)?

Which school/city has a lower cost of living?

Rafa said:
Which school offers better fin-aid packages?

Which school has a better-looking campus (yes, aesthetics do matter!)?

Which school/city has a lower cost of living?

Harvard has lots of money (but don't know if they give it out as fin aid). Harvard has pretty buildings (don't know about Cornell). Boston is cheaper than NYC (although def not cheap).

First things first, you really can't go wrong with either one. Most will say Harvard is the obvoius choice based on the name that it has within society and the medical community. However, in defense of Cornell, which also has a great ivy name, it typically has better financial aid and in my opinion the best location. As a west coast kid I can say that NYC, specifically Upper East Side Manhattan, is a definite draw for me. However, like it was stated earlier I think we will be able to learn a lot more on our second look weekend.

Is Cornell still giving out interviews?

Cornell is interviewing until the end of February and they stated you might be notified of an interview anytime until then, possibly even with just a few days notice.

Is harvard finished sending out interview invites? I remember someone saying they only sent them out through January 15th. Does anyone know for sure if thats true?

wildcat05 said:
Is harvard finished sending out interview invites? I remember someone saying they only sent them out through January 15th. Does anyone know for sure if thats true?

That's what it says in the packet they sent you with the secondary info. However, someone on the forums mentioned that they might be inviting until the end of the month. Does anyone else have more info?