Harvard vs. NYCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ifellonmybutt

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
it comes down to this:

my dad is a big time osteopath, but i just got my acceptance to Harvard and he is really mad that i want to go to Harvard.

what should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

it comes down to this:

my dad is a big time osteopath, but i just got my acceptance to Harvard and he is really mad that i want to go to Harvard.

what should I do?

A lot of people are going to yell at me for saying this...but here it goes. GO TO HARVARD!!!! I'm a huge fan of osteopathy, but Harvard!!! It will open more doors for you in the end. You can always learn OMM from your osteopath friends.

Members don't see this ad :)
it comes down to this:

what should I do?

Troll.

lol @ people who take these threads seriously :laugh:

lol @ people who take these threads seriously :laugh:

sometimes when I first read things like this, I actually start to think how'd I'd answer... but then I stop and realize, wait a minute... oh... yeah... troll alert!

If you graduate from Harvard, you won't have had an Osteopathic education. Do you want an OSTEOPATHIC education? I do.
Even though this is probably a troll, he/she brings up a good point. Who are we studying medicine for? Ourselves, or our parents? And of course
if 2 or 3 OMM classes could substitute for years of integrated studies, the world would be a very different place indeed.
Could I get into Harvard if I put my mind to it? Of course. Will I?
Well, I want to do residency in OMM/NMM, so going to
Harvard Medical would throw a few complications in the mix.

Harvard. I can't see a single door shut in your face because of attending Harvard besides not being able to go for a DO residency.

And it depends on what aspects of the "osteopathic" education the OP was interested in in the first place, or if he was only applying to DO schools for his dad's sake. I think there's a lot of propoganda slung around by DO schools that ALL allopathic schools more or less ignore the "treat the person, not the symptom" thing. While that may be true at some, I know for a fact that not all MD schools are like that. I've also had a number of US-trained MD's tell me look at the big picture, never just treat a patients symptoms... look at the whole physical, mental and spiritual picture. That aspect, I believe, is not exclusive to DO schools like they want to make us believe.

You have to figure out what is important to you.

For me, having a left handed practice in Alaska is far more important to me than anything else. HMS won't prepare you very well for that.

:thumbup:

NYCOM.

B/C Chuck Norris said so.

it comes down to this:

what should I do?

Ah, to be banned after only 6 posts, now that is a true achievement.

I know this thread is obviously a joke made by a troll, but I can't help but post this link again......
http://www.february-7.com/features/conan.htm

Plus, it provides a good reason not to go to Harvard. Make one minor mistake in front of anyone, and you're bound to hear, "And YOU went to Harvard??!!".

My favorite commencement speech of all time.

But let me leave you with one last thought: If you can laugh at yourself loud and hard every time you fall, people will think you're drunk.