Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

audeo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your interest in Harvard Medical School. I am afraid I
cannot tell you if your application is complete because we just begun
processing the materials. When we are able to check on the completeness of
applications, you will receive an e-mail informing you that our on-line
status check has been activated. Please note the deadline for secondary
materials has been extended to 11/22.

They are really late :( :(

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so. It seems a lot of people are expecting schools to keep their regular year schedules...that just isn't going to happen this year.

As much as I would like to state otherwise, I know that Harvard HAS started interviewing. Synite (on SDN ) has an interview and another good friend of mine (saw her this weekend!) showed me her invitation to interview. However, Harvard is usually among the earliest to interview and this year they're at least 6 weeks off of that.

I too am inpatient and want to finish my interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
What the hell is HMS admissions office is talking about I wonder.

Maybe they think 'cause they're Harvard they can be shady and vague about the process...
But seriously, why would they bother sending you this letter? Why not just wait until they can tell if your file's complete and then write to you??

I designated Harvard on my AMCAS app but have not heard ANYTHING at all from them. What's this about an 11/22 deadline? How can that be! Is the secondary online? If so, could someone please link to it?

Their secondary is online, but i think you need to get an email from them first before you fill it out.

I was just wondering if everyone else can still access their Harvard supplemental on the website? I submitted mine "finalized" a long time ago, but I can still log in and it looks like I can still make changes. Is this not the way it's supposed to be? Or can everybody else who turned them in already still access their apps also?

Originally posted by Epogen:
•Their secondary is online, but i think you need to get an email from them first before you fill it out.•

No you don't. Had I not found out about the link to their secondary here, I would have never filled it out. I never got an e-mail notification, but when I went to the online secondary, they had all my info.

jargon124, the secondary can be found here

That 'email' notification was in response to my inquiry into my status.

Originally posted by audeo:
•That 'email' notification was in response to my inquiry into my status.•

Audeo, you are right, but I was replying to Epogen's post :)

audeo--i got the exact same email from jason graff this morning ... so more waiting i guess

Thanks Resident Alien. I owe you a link!

girl,

I just submitted and finalized my application. I can still enter the application and make changes - same as you - so I guess it's normal. Hopefully its normal. ;)