Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emdeetwobee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know that Harvard has started sending their viewbook. Secondary apps are on-online.

Members don't see this ad.

Mind giving us the URL for Havard's secondary appz online?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can we fill this out now or do we need to be invited to do so by HMS?

Thanks.

I can't login with my ID numbers. I think you might have to wait for an invitiation, although I know Harvard doesn't screen.

Well, I just finished filling it out. Wow, NO ESSAYS. My pre-med advisor gave me a list of questions from prior Harvard Supplemental Apps. Probably one of the fastest and easiest supplemental application yet.

Well mine got me in...
but what is the difference between the two programs? Should I just apply to both? ???

This is what it says
"Harvard Medical School offers two routes to awarding the MD degree, the New Pathway program and the Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology program. Applicants may apply to either or both programs using the same application form, and are urged to read about each program below before deciding how to apply. "

The HST program has additional requirements, such as calculus through differential equations and calculus-based physics. I didn't apply because I did not have calculus-based physics

So from what I get, the HST program is more for academic medicine or almost a wanna-be MDPHD....and the New Pathway one is focused more on primary care...
is this right?

Hmm, no more essays? They must really be going by numbers now. So what does it mean if we are entered in their database and for someone who is not? I guess AMCAS has released Names and SSN and AMCAS IDs but no apps I suppose.

No more essays for the harvard secondary? did I hear this correctly?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo:
•So from what I get, the HST program is more for academic medicine or almost a wanna-be MDPHD....and the New Pathway one is focused more on primary care...
is this right?•

Yes that is correct. The HST program is for big-time nerds like myself, although I fathom there are bigger and better nerds out there who will take my spot.

Hmmm... guess they havent received notice from AMCAS about me yet, I cant login.

Does it cost extra to apply to both New Pathway and HST programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Under hours worked during each undergrad year did you put hours per week or total hours worked for the whole year?

I wrote #/wk (e.g. 20/wk) in the space. I can't believe that's it!! Five minutes!

I didn't get anything inviting me to apply - but they took my codes and matched my name to it, etc.

GL

anyone know if you apply to new pathway and hst, could be admitted to both? or is it assumed hst is your #1 choice? also are interviews done on the same day if you apply to both?

did anyone have problems paying the fee by credit card? I did, and I still am not sure if my secondary was transmitted.

Wow that was easy !... the 'hardest' school to get into has the easiest app.. why can't all the other schools be like that !... why ask for essays when they have two on the AMCAS app... :)

I submitted AMCAS just last week and I was able to log on to Harvard's secondary. That was wonderful. I think the person who sent an email to USF concerning their errors, should send another to everyone telling them to be like Harvard! ha,J/K! It feels good to be done with my first secondary.

Anybody who needs the Harvard link go to the third message on this thread (I got a personal request from cococ02 or eeee but you're not taking personal replies!)

:)

GL

Has anybody who applied to Harvard not been able to log in to their secondary at all yet?

My app was processed on 7/25 and I designated Harvard on the app.

However, it still wont even take my AMCAS ID yet.

Anybody else having this problem? Guess I'll have to ask AMCAS why they havent given Harvard any kind of notification that I'm applying there.

To those wondering if you can apply to both. It says this in the sheet that came with the admissions bulletin:

"Students applying to both the New Pathway and HST programs will be reviewed for each program independently"

And the $75 fee covers both, if you desire to apply to both - for nerds like me too. ;)

Andrew

I received Harvard's invitation to complete the secondary today. However, I still haven't been able to login. I sent an email and will call them tomorrow.