harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qoo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
how do you get a harvard interview? found the cure for cancer or something?

Members don't see this ad.

Dunno, but one of my good buddies just got back from his Harvard interview. When I say he just got back, I mean it! His flight arrived back here in Salt Lake City at 3 am this morning!

From the little I've talked to him, he really loved the environment! He's torn between paying 34k a year though, or attending one of his Texas schools (he's a resident) for 7-9k a year.

I know of someone who got accepted to Harvard Dental, but that was four years ago.

He had a 3.6 cum/science gpa and some undergrad research experience. I don't quite remember but he went to either SUNY Binghamton or NYU for undergrad.

I never asked him his DAT scores though but I'm assuming it might have been around a 21-23.

Good student....but nobody ever expected him to end up at an Ivy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm headed to Boston for an interview with Harvard on the 8th of November. Slave4MD, you do not have to find a cure for a disease to get an interview, you just have to have above average stats. I'm sporting a 3.8 overall GPA with a 3.7 science GPA and a 23 on the DAT. Add in my research and lab experience and that equals an interview at Harvard, possibly an acceptance.? I saw your stats, you could have applied to Harvard and received an interview also.
If accepted I am not sure if I would attend Harvard or not. Nova was a dream for me and I loved every aspect of that school. I just hope DesiDentist doesn't end up at Nova, otherwise I might have to study dentistry elsewhere.
C-ya

I wasn't the person asking about Harvard. Someone else posted the original message.

Not that Harvard's a bad school or anything. It's an affluent institution but I'm just trying to avoid the Mass. region because I have relatives there.

As for myself, I'm trying to land at the cheapest and closest dental school that I could get my hands on. I already have my mind set on the combined oral surgery/MD residency after I get out of dental school, which means money will be an important asset for me.

DesiDentist wants to go to UW. I don't know where else he applied to and what his stats are, so I cannot estimate the possibility of him sitting near you for next fall and telling you his name is 'DesiDentist' on SDN. But I think it'll be really funny if it happened to me.

I don't know too much about Nova, except that it's near a vacationing resort. Not too long ago, I believe there was a Nova student boasting about hot-looking dental students that you can't find elsewhere. You might want to check that out if you haven't already.

Originally posted by Beagle
I don't know too much about Nova, except that it's near a vacationing resort. Not too long ago, I believe there was a Nova student boasting about hot-looking dental students that you can't find elsewhere. You might want to check that out if you haven't already

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If it is professional recognition that you truly seek (there is nothing wrong with that goal), don't assume that getting accepted to Harvard Dental School is on par with getting accepted to Harvard Law School or Harvard Business School. Do your home work and check out which dental schools are getting the big money grants for dental research and which dental schools' faculties are being published and honored for being on the leading edge of such research.