Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stercel2007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those with interviews, when was your file completed?

Members don't see this ad.

My file was completed on Oct. 4th, and my interview is on Nov. 8th. Harvard is my absolute #1 choice.

Congratulations!!!:clap:

What are your stats?:)

Members don't see this ad :)
my file was complete on oct 2nd. interview on 4th of november. just wondering if anyone knows the relative importance of early versus late interview invite here. i know its good, but how good.

congratulations! Good luck

My app was complete Oct 7, and my interview is Oct 31.

Quick question for those offered interviews: did you ever get info on student hosting? I've been waiting for it, but haven't received it yet!

I doubt there is much difference between an early and late interview, because they don't do rolling admissions. Once interviews are done they just rank the 6 or 700 people who interview and accept the top 200 or so. That's how they told us it happened when I interviewed last week.

How long does it take them to send an interview invite after your file is complete?

Originally posted by ComplexPuzzle
my file was complete on oct 2nd. interview on 4th of november. just wondering if anyone knows the relative importance of early versus late interview invite here. i know its good, but how good.

No advantage for interviewing early at Harvard. For schools without rolling admissions, some feel there may be an advantage to interviewing late, since you are still fresh in the committee's mind when they meet to make decisions. I'm sure it probably doesn't make too much of a difference, in the end.

were you notified snail mail or email regarding interviews/rejections? I haven't heard anything except that my file is complete.

Originally posted by CaNEM
No advantage for interviewing early at Harvard. For schools without rolling admissions, some feel there may be an advantage to interviewing late, since you are still fresh in the committee's mind when they meet to make decisions. I'm sure it probably doesn't make too much of a difference, in the end.

Well, I think it's an advantage if you're in the "select applicant" group. Furthermore, in general, interviewing early is better because it means you're higher up in the pool. I'm not convinced that just because they say it's not rolling that they don't put people they think they'll like more first.

I was notified by email about the interview.

Originally posted by Random Access
Well, I think it's an advantage if you're in the "select applicant" group. Furthermore, in general, interviewing early is better because it means you're higher up in the pool. I'm not convinced that just because they say it's not rolling that they don't put people they think they'll like more first.

That's definitely true. If you interview early, you may have a better chance of getting in even before you get there, because you were a top pick. What I said mostly applies to people who apply later vs. earlier, not those that apply early, and then are put aside and not interviewed until later.

What are the stats for those with interivews?:)

Yeah, particularly those of you with the LOWER end of the stats that got admissions! If you got a 48438745 on the MDOG and have a 5.0/4.0 don't bother posting!
:)

thanks

Please ignore the above ignorant reply:rolleyes:

I have one coming up on nov. 7th. File was completed (or so I was told by their e-mail system) on Oct. 7th, but my stuff was there earlier. Got the invite about 2 weeks later.

Originally posted by shoeclothes
What are the stats for those with interivews?:)

Since stats are almost a given for the big H, I'm more curious @ the EC's/work experience of those who received interviews?

I'm also interested in ECs and work experience of interviewees.

I can't speak for anyone else, there is really nothin stellar about my stats or ECs or work experience. I have never volunteered in a hospital. I shadowed an orthopedic surgeon for a semester. I did the MMEP. I played division soccer all four years. Coached girls soccer. Currently, I am volunteering at an HIV clinic for adolescents. As far as my stats go I have an average gpa (3.55) and did ok on the MCATs. I was kinda surprised when i got the invite cuz of all that you hear about Harvard's rep. I was even more surprised at how quickly the interview was offered. I have other schools that I turned stuff in early that have yet to show me some love. Hope this answers your question.