Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

harvard

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by grasshopper, Dec 24, 2001.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I know I've asked before, but I figured maybe somebody had been interviewed there or talked to the office recently: anybody know if Harvard is still planning on having all interview invites done by 1/15, or if they're really behind, or whether order of interview indicates your status on their list? I haven't heard a word from them even though my app was done last summer as soon as they made it possible. Also, are they sending out rejections at all now?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior
    7+ Year Member

My interviewer told me that they are seriously backed up and are having to sort the apps by hand. We were also told at orientation that this cycle's decisions will probably go out later than usual. The door man told me that people that interview this early in the cycle almost always get in. Despite the fact that I've learned that door-man type people are often the most important in establishment, I'm still taking his observation with a grain of salt.

Merry Christmas!

4. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Hey, Original, buddy, how'd things go at the big H? Any word yet from NP?

5. Original

7+ Year Member

Hey Brando,
    My HST interview there was awesome. Contrary to what I had heard about Harvard peeps being arrogant, everyone I met was extremely nice and down to earth. It's a really laid-back mix of people. Some of them looked like they were straight out of MTV music videos :D . My interviewers had read my file thoroughly and were very converstional. It was fun! I still am yet to hear squat from the NP. I guess my application screams "JERK!!!--would not fit into NP; send the SOB to HST" :D

6. Original

7+ Year Member

Ay Brando,

I forgot to add that I stayed with a student host. He lives in an appartment about 10min from school. Great guy! He picked me up from the train stop and cooked some real good pasta the night I got there. He gave me the scoop on both my interviewers and then drove me to school @ 8:00am the next morning; after making me a cup of coffee and some cereal. That evening we both went to Vandy (the dorm) to work out and play basketball. We then went out to eat and himself and his friend paid for my dinner. I had a great time. I was glad I took a hand-made Nigerian shirt for him as a gift (he also gave me a cool HMS T-shirt). I'm sure everyone there is not as nice as he is; but I definitely got a good vibe from the whole crew. I think alot of people's problem with Harvard stems from inferiority complex. It's huge, it's famous, it's intimidating, it's Harvard for crying out loud! So people go in there with this belligerent attitude; sort of a "you aint all that!"-type mentality. As a result, almost anything is then interpreted as arrogance. My 2 cents.

7. Jo

Jo Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey everyone,

Happy New Year!!! I was just wondering if anyone who has interviewed for Harvard NP program could say how they notified you of your interview (call, email, snail mail?)

Thanks a lot!

8. what does NP stand for?

9. Jo

Jo Member
    7+ Year Member

Oh, sorry about that...Harvard has two MD programs: New Pathway (which I called NP) and Health Sciences and Technology (HST). The two programs have separate interviews/acceptances. While I've read that some people on this forum have gotten emails/calls about interviews, I was still wondering what the standard practice is for the New Pathway program.

Anyway, my apologies for the confusion. I think I'll take a break from thinking about med school stuff to enjoy the last little bit of the holidays :)

Cheers!