has anybody been verified yet for this app cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fp02c

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Not yet...still waiting! I'm guessing switching to Interfolio will surely bring a few bugs and a little slower than last year...just a guess though!

Nope. I hit submit on May 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a few days away from clicking submit application. I am making slight adjustments while I wait for the transcripts to be received.
I can't believe i am actually applying early this year!!! i hope I get one of my top choice DO schools...cause those are the only ones i applied to, lol

submitted 5/28. still not verified, although it says they have my official transcripts and first MCAT scores... anxiously awaiting those secondaries!!! eeek! :eek:

question: do you know when your schools prehealth committee, if you have one, submits your LORs? mine doesn't get them in til september. does that sound pretty late to anyone?

The way I understand it, even though AACOMAS opened May 1st, they didn't start doing the calculations until June 1st. And I believe it usually takes 4-6 weeks for them to mail it once it is verified. I could be wrong, but that's what I think anyway.

submitted 5/28. still not verified, although it says they have my official transcripts and first MCAT scores...

Submitted your AMCAS on 5/28...? I thought the earliest you could -submit- was 6/4? Unless I misunderstood you :p

No, June 4th is for the AMCAS. I think the DO application could be submitted anytime. I submitted mine on 5/29 and they've had my MCAT's and transcripts for a while, so I don't know why it's not verified yet.

How long after verification do you think it will take for secondaries to be sent out?

The way I understand it, even though AACOMAS opened May 1st, they didn't start doing the calculations until June 1st. And I believe it usually takes 4-6 weeks for them to mail it once it is verified. I could be wrong, but that's what I think anyway.

Don't worry about not being verified yet, it took 4-6 weeks for AACOMAS to verify me last year. I didn't submit until the middle of July and had secondaries mailed back to the school in August. You'll be fine. Schools really won't start interviewing until late august early september anyways. So you still have a long time. You are way ahead of the game, so I guess the best thing is to hurry up and wait. Good luck.

no verification yet...
submitted on June 5th.

There should be no reason for verification to take more than a few days at this stage of app cycle. :p

we'll see how deligent the workers are.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you guys will be in for quite a shock if you get impatient waiting for verification for a few days to a couple weeks. You are not the only ones who think it's a good idea to submit early. There will be a lot of waiting in your future. Don't stress yet!! You'll need to save up that energy for later in the cycle. ;):luck:

You guys are behind the ball... I'm already verified and you should be too.

I submitted July 07, was verified August 07.

At this rate you might as well all become chiropractors :rolleyes:

:thumbdown:

everytime I call i get a different answer. It seems that aacomas has their hands full with their new system and really dont know what the heck is going on. I have heard that it is going to take 3 weeks, 3-6 weeks, minimum of 6 weeks and one person even mentioned~10 weeks. People who did amcas are already verified i heard. Oh well.. lets just keep on waiting...

Members don't see this ad :)
Those of y'all that are already in will be among the very first to have your **** sent to the schools, so its not like anyone else is getting ahead of you, even if AACOMAS is moving a little slow. You're still way early, so there's nothing to worry about there.

Use this time to research other schools that you didn't list when you submitted. You can still add, and I'm guessing that everything would go out in the first batch.

Submitted your AMCAS on 5/28...? I thought the earliest you could -submit- was 6/4? Unless I misunderstood you :p

whoaa, i meant AACOMAS. sorry! weird b/c im not even applying to allopathic schools. but my bf is, so that's probably why it's on my mind.

wait, i just realized i didn't even write amcas on my post! looks like YOU misread or something. had me feeling all confused there for a second :laugh:

Those of y'all that are already in will be among the very first to have your **** sent to the schools, so its not like anyone else is getting ahead of you, even if AACOMAS is moving a little slow. You're still way early, so there's nothing to worry about there.

Use this time to research other schools that you didn't list when you submitted. You can still add, and I'm guessing that everything would go out in the first batch.

If I add any more schools then I may need to resort to selling drugs to pay for it. I hit 1100 dollars total today (allopathic/osteopathic combined)

My Pre-med committee is planning on sending out our stuff mid-June. If my app isnt verified then, will the schools accept a committee letter before they get my primary app?

You'll find out. I have everything in Interfolio, so I can't testify. Can you have them send it to interfolio?

how long did it take aacomas to receive everyones transcripts. Its been about 2 weeks and they still show that they wern't recieved...should I re-send?

how long did it take aacomas to receive everyones transcripts. Its been about 2 weeks and they still show that they wern't recieved...should I re-send?

Mine took a week and a half, but that was when it first opened. Just check with your schools to make sure they're sent. If they are, I'd give it a couple more weeks before resending.

If I add any more schools then I may need to resort to selling drugs to pay for it. I hit 1100 dollars total today (allopathic/osteopathic combined)

Wait til you submit secondarys...then fly to interviews...then put down deposits. Then think about slingin crack.:idea:

Wait til you submit secondarys...then fly to interviews...then put down deposits. Then think about slingin crack.:idea:

Well, 1100 dollars so far....about 30 schools. Ridiculous I know. If I get secondaries and interviews then I will gauge that. THe good thing is that the 1100 dollars worth now probably got me part of one of my flights.

Still no verification yet? Mine still says "submitted to AACOMAS"...

When are they sending the apps to the schools? I know it's June 24th for AMCAS.

I just submitted, but I thought it would be pretty quick like AMCAS. But like running from a bear in the woods.... I don't have to be fast, just faster than the other guy...

Has anybody tried contacting them? It's pretty weird they opened up the primary so early, but chose not to verify anybody for so long.

I tried to call them as well about another issue and it just kept going to their voicemail because they are so busy, so I left a message asking them to call me back but I haven't received a call, and I called two days ago.

I tried to call them as well about another issue and it just kept going to their voicemail because they are so busy, so I left a message asking them to call me back but I haven't received a call, and I called two days ago.

Click SUPPORT, then click SEND MESSAGE. I sent them an email yesterday and received a response today even though they had to change something in my app. Email seems to work quickly right now. Try it! :luck: