Has anybody ever read/seen the book - Best 168 Medical Schools 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Entirecropslost

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw this book on barnes and noble and it looked like it might have some good info, especially the suveys and other 'insider info' they had. But sometimes these books can be a complete waste of money so I thought I'd ask if anybody thought it was any good. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I saw this book on barnes and noble and it looked like it might have some good info, especially the suveys and other 'insider info' they had. But sometimes these books can be a complete waste of money so I thought I'd ask if anybody thought it was any good. Thanks!

Who publishes this book? I picked up a similar-sounding book from USNews and World Report and besides the rankings (which you can get on their website) all the info was identical, or less good, than the MSAR.

Complete waste of money. It's sold by Princeton Review. I work(ed) for princeton review and i'm telling you this.

if you want any info, go straight to the MSAR.

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete waste of money. It's sold by Princeton Review. I work(ed) for princeton review and i'm telling you this.

if you want any info, go straight to the MSAR.

AGREE

Are there even 168 med schools? I thought there were around 125.

yea and also naturopathic schools too. Yea I have a MSAR, but that book looked like it had some good info with student surveys and stuff, which could potentially be very helpful, just like you get all the best info from the student host you stay with on interviews. But I appreciate the feedback

So, by "best 168 medical schools", they really mean, "all U.S. medical schools"? Hilarious

my roommate gave me an old (2005) hand-me-down copy, and i used it for general info on med schools when i was deciding where to apply. it's certainly not enough info to make decisions on though.

Personally I would trust the MSAR over a book published by a test-prep company. Also the title is just ridiculous.

I actually remember reading some stats in that book that contradicted MSAR information, and some other stats that I knew to be wrong. I don't trust anything that a test-prep company puts out. Kaplan and Princeton Review are truly the scum of the earth.

I actually remember reading some stats in that book that contradicted MSAR information, and some other stats that I knew to be wrong. I don't trust anything that a test-prep company puts out. Kaplan and Princeton Review are truly the scum of the earth.

I concur.

I have a copy from my school's library. The book is almost worthless. There's much more info in MSAR or US News, and some info (eg tuition) contradicted the MSAR, or was out of date.