Has anybody heard from these schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cabruen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My AMCAS application has been processed for a while, and I have heard from most of the schools I applied to and have submitted their secondaries. But I have yet to here anything from the following schools. Has anybody else? Anybody know what there status is in processing applications?

Loma Linda
Finch
Loyola (Stritch)
Creighton University
Drexel (Medical School formerly known as MCP Hahnemann)

Members don't see this ad.

I received the secondaries in the mail for Finch and Loyola on Friday. Loyola has an online application that they give you the website to in the letter. I'm still waiting for Drexel's secondary.

I got a letter on 8/10 from Loyola about their secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone hear gotten a secondary from Harvard or Emory? I think Harvard has an automatic secondary, so even I should have made the cut for that one.

Has anyone heard from Drew, Northwestern or OHSU?

Originally posted by swimr

OHSU=Ohio State?

If so I got their secondary two weeks ago via e-mail. I also heard on another thread that they aren't giving interviews to anyone with less than a 30 MCAT until mid-December.

Originally posted by swimr

i received a postcard from drew a few days ago. said they had received my amcas on 08/05 (transmission date 07/25 on amcas login) and that i would hear something from them by January 31, 2002. i really hope i hear something before then!

Originally posted by Explosivo

OHSU=Ohio State?
If so I got their secondary two weeks ago via e-mail. I also heard on another thread that they aren't giving interviews to anyone with less than a 30 MCAT until mid-December.

OHSU = Oregon Health Sci. Univ
OSU = Ohio State U. (from what I've read on SDN)

i think ohsu is oregon health..

p

Today I received an email from Creighton saying in effect that they know I have applied, but their online secondary application is not ready yet...please just hold tight.

Also today I received via regular mail a letter from Loyola with secondary application instructions and pointers to the application on the web.

I just received a secondary invite from Harvard in the mail today. They don't seem to screen.

I have a strange feeling that I received a secondary letter from Loyola and I can't seem to find it now. is there anything I can do about it??? I don't even remember if I have received it.

I am usually very careful about keeping my secondaries together, but somehow this one seems to boggle me.... :confused:

You need to find it. There are two forms that you need to return to them with a printout of the completed secondary application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have now heard from Finch and Loyola also. Finch has a trivial secondary, but Loyola's has several essays.

i got finch and loyola. creighton said they got my AMCAS, but no secondary. other two are still quiet.

Today I received the secondary application from Loma Linda. It has three short essays, but they do request a recommendation letter from your pastor. The essays focus on why you specifically want to attend Loma Linda. It also has a question asking if you will abstain from alcohol, tobacco, and drugs.

I also got Loma Linda and Loyola today. What if you're not christian? I didn't know that they would ask for a pastor's letter, and I have no inclination to get one. I wonder if I should even fill their secondary :confused:

I got NU secondary today. However, you need to pay before you get to download the supp application. Smart of them, huh? There are also like 3 essays of 400 words

Well, Tweetie...I think the actual wording is that a letter from your Pastor is "highly recommended, but not required". I am sure they have the appropriate non-discriminatory policies in place and that you would be evaluted equally.

However, all schools have their own personalities. And you should be extremely aware that Loma Linda's stated goals is to educated Chsitian doctors. Chapel service is required weekly.

If that isn't how you wish to spend the nest four years, I am sure your applications to the other 58 schools ;) you are applying to will be more than enough.

Chreighton update: secondary will be online sometime this week. I just have to fix one bug in the database :rolleyes:

Anyone heard from Albany?