Has anybody scheduled three interviews in one week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChePibe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thoughts and concerns?
Let's talk about it.

Members don't see this ad.

I did it last year, as did many of my classmates. PM me and I can help you out.

Thanks for the fast reply.
Did you think that this may have negatively affected your performance at any of them or was it OK?
I would be saving some money doing this but I do not want it to adversely affect my chances. My interviews would on Monday, Wed, and Friday, and would involve both car and air travel.
Thanks for the insight.

Members don't see this ad :)
i did 4 interviews in 4 straight days.....:thumbup: it didnt seem that bad. though i was puking interview food by the end of the week.

I think that being on the road can be exhausting, but, more importantly, you'll get in a good interview groove. From personal experience, I'd recommend it.

I did this for my first three interviews. They were all within the same week. I don't think it affected my performance...got into 2 of them, waitlisted at the 3rd. It is really tiring but as soon as you walk out of one of them on your way to the airport or whatever...just put the interview you just completed out of your mind, give yourself a mental rest and then start psyching yourself up for the next one. It'll be fine... you'll be exhausted at the end of the week but happy you got them done. Good luck!

I scheduled my last 3 interviews in a one week period - 1 midwest, 1 east coast, 1 west coast. I was definitely exhausted by the end of the week, but I don't think it negatively impacted my performance too much. I actually felt more confident since all the interview topics were fresh on my mind.

I haven't heard from 2 of the schools, but I have been accepted to the school I at which I interviewed last.

Best of luck on whatever you decide.

Columbia-NYU-Penn on Tues-Wed-Fri

Like the posters above, I don't think it affected my performance at all. Of course, we'll find out come March ;)

I did Pitt-NYU-Columbia in one week. Wasn't too bad since 2 were in one city. Probably easier if you have 2 suits :p Or a travel size iron.

I have 4 this week as well... The only down side is having less time to prepare for each one

I did three in one week in December, though one was a job interview. I personally thought I got better at interviewing as I went through each one. I have four spread throughout nine days starting this Friday. That should be fun.

I did three in five days on the east coast this year. Got accepted to two and waitlisted at the other. I had two different suits so dry cleaning wasn't a problem. I was tired at the end of the tour, but I was glad to save the money by scheduling them all together. I wasn't waitlisted at the last one, either. It was my first where I was waitlisted, so being tired didn't seem to play into it a whole lot.

Each interview is a little different, but like the poster above, I felt like I got into the "groove" by the third interview. Your answers become more eloquent (though you never want to sound rehearsed.)

You'll be fine. It may even be fun!

Count me as one more vote in favor of getting into the "interview groove".

I did three in one week, and by the end I felt really locked in with what I wanted to highlight and how I wanted to present myself.

I didn't have interviews yet... seeing how im not applying until the next cycle, but I would actually prefer to have all my interviews in quick succession. Only because I can't stand to miss time out of class (I'm more of an in-class learner), and the fact that it would all be over in one shot is pretty nice too.

Seeing what the other posters put above it is absolutely doable and I wish you and everyone else luck in this process...

c.s.

I would suggest spreading it out. I did three in Manhattan from Tuesday-Thursday, and that was exhausting enough. By the time I did my third one I wasn't very into it and by the end of the day was just begging to get out of there. If you focus, I'm sure it'll be no difference interview wise, just because that's only like a 30 minute to a 1 1/2 hour deal. But you might find yourself not too motivated when taking tours/asking the med students...and might come home not as informed or excited about the school.

I had 5 1 week Drexel, Jefferson, Temple , Gt and Creighton I got into 4 Flew from Alaska I was tired when I got home!!!! I have 3 more in Feb

I went to 3 interviews in 4 days in December: NYU, Baylor, Drew/UCLA. It was pretty hectic (especially due to plane delays) but it's possible. I agree with the poster above who said they were sick of interview food by the end. I've had one too many turkey sandwiches/wraps for my liking...

My first 3 were:
Mon - WashU
Wed - Oklahoma
Fri - Baylor

Then I had interviews Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of the following week in other parts of Texas. Emory was the Friday of the following week.

I was a little tired by the end with all the traveling, but it felt like I was in a groove and kept me on my toes.

don't do it all if u can. its killer. I had emory, mt sinai, case and cclcm in one week. by the end o the week I lost enthusiasim and felt indifferent almost. all that travelling takes its toll mentally and phyisically.

In october I was in Cincinnati one day, Wayne the next, and Albany the following. I was tired by the end, but I thought it was helpful as I found and help my groove.