Has anybody used B&B for boards studying part 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roy Williams

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take NBDE I this summer and was wondering if anybody has used a B&B subscription.

If so, I’d love to hear some thoughts on your experience.

Members don't see this ad.

It was good (there are some errors that I hope they have addressed). There were some sections that I had to use supplemental materials from class. However, I know classmates that only used B&B and they've passed.

I used other resources to supplement these sections:
Head & neck anatomy
General anatomy
Dental anatomy

Sections that I really liked from B&B:
Biochemistry
Pathology

This is all that I've remembered on the top of my head. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I used B&B exclusively and this is the only standardized test of my life that I left *knowing* I did well....Everyone that I personally know in my class who used B&B passed (there were several people who used decks and failed). However, don't discredit one's own intellect - a lot of how well various resources will work for you depend on how much supplemental knowledge you've retained in class.

Members don't see this ad :)
B&B is overkill - people use it to study for USMLE step 1. Knowing dental decks and "300" dental anatomy facts off of youtube should be plenty.

B&B is overkill - people use it to study for USMLE step 1. Knowing dental decks and "300" dental anatomy facts off of youtube should be plenty.
So the B&B dental boards study thing is different than boards and beyond that people use to study for step 1. I was a bit confused trying to discern between the two in the beginning as well.

@Roy Williams Sorry, I may be behind the times. I thought B/B was only for the USMLE. It sounds like he may have put out other products if there is one specifically for dental education.

Last edited:
just use board busters or decks

+ mastery app

+ dental anatomy facts on youtube.