Has anybody with an October interview heard from Hopkins?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gobears

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I know that people have heard from Hopkins if they interviewed at the end of September, but what about people who interviewed at the end of October? Has anyone here who interviewed late October heard from Hopkins or know anybody else who heard?

At my interview, Dean White said we should hear in December while the student interviewer said we should hear in November. The committee met last week, so if we haven't heard from them yet, does that mean we're waitlisted/rejected? I'm confused. Someone please enlighten me.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in mid-October. I was told that we'd be notified late Nov/early December. They also said their committee met Thursdays and Fridays and that their meetings often went late. I'm guessing we'll get a call Monday or Tuesday if we got in and something in the mail next week if we're waitlisted/rejected. Also, the only power the student interviewer had was to help determine the order of who was considered. So they may not have even considered us yet. Frustrating...

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm mainly interested in those applicants who interviewed on october 10th or later. i was under the impression that people who interviewed in early october were not in the same "decision batch."

Hey, thanks postbacchus. That really makes me feel better. I still have some hope left about Hopkins. Although, if what you say is true, then I must not have made such a good impression on my student interviewer, since I haven't heard anything yet.

I want that phone call so bad... then I can just write some withdrawal letters to some schools that aren't exactly on-the-ball with their admissions. I can stop wondering if those schools lost my app. Northwestern told me to send a second supplementary since they said they probably lost my first. The way things are going over there, they'll probably cash both checks.

gobears,

I GOT THE CALL! Dean White called me today at 2:41 to tell me I've been accepted! I'm still in shock. I hope you get the call soon! Best of luck to everyone!

Walking on clouds,

postbacchus

PS - I interviewed 10/18/01, for reference.

Woah, congrats Postbacchus! That must've been a great feeling!

I have a question. So do you think they're calling people in order of when you interviewed, by the order the student interviewers determined, or some combo of the two? I interviewed a week after you.

Has anybody else on SDN heard from them who interviewed in October? Thanks.

Hey all,

For those of you who've been granted interviews, can I ask what your stats/ECs were (ballpark range if you prefer)? I assume they are very high-am I right?

Thanks

My stats:

Overall GPA: 3.84
Science GPA (post-bacc): 3.99
MCAT: 33 (10V, 11P, 12B, S)
Extracurriculars: 3 years volunteering at free clinic as phlebotomist, manager of a 911 ambulance (3 years), sailing instructor (7 years), former school teacher
Research: listed as 4th author in emergency medicine publication.

I hope it helps!