Has anyne been accepted off ANY waitlist this cycle?

doubledizzle13

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2007
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    my friend just got his first acceptance yesterday morning via a phone call from Nova..it was funny because he had no idea he still had a shot there and told them that he thought he had been rejected already:)

About the Ads
    About the Ads

askadds

15+ Year Member
    Feb 19, 2006
      CONGRATS! I hope to see you both this fall!
      Dan

i think its early for waitlist but for VCU, you have like 2 more months before classes start right at VCU? the rest of us on waitlist could potentially have to wait till mid august.

accepted 1 out of 3 waitlists

hey were you accepted at howard? i might be mistaking you with someone else though.

About the Ads

CSade469

10+ Year Member
      Nov 30, 2005
      Phoenix, AZ
      1. Dentist
        Yea, i got accepted about a week ago, off the waiting list for MWU. I'm so excited.. i've been waiting to go to dental school all my life!!! Can't wait for school to start :oops: All i can say is try to stay positive.. i know i was feeling hopeless, but then i got that magical call.. and the rest is history.

haisha ni narou

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Aug 4, 2007
        Orange County
        1. Dental Student
          I wish this was my story.
          Yea, i got accepted about a week ago, off the waiting list for MWU. I'm so excited.. i've been waiting to go to dental school all my life!!! Can't wait for school to start :oops: All i can say is try to stay positive.. i know i was feeling hopeless, but then i got that magical call.. and the rest is history.

squints02

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Nov 1, 2006
          1. Pre-Dental
            Schools also save spots for people they expect to repeat a year if Spring grades are poor and need to repeat. Depending on finals week, spots may open up for the wait lists.

Is this true? I just finished a semester and have a spring term to finish with classes that are required to matriculate. If there is any truth to this it definitely gives me hope.

haisha ni narou

10+ Year Member
            7+ Year Member
            Aug 4, 2007
            Orange County
            1. Dental Student
              LURCH, what up buddy?! I've been layin low on SDN, it helps to keep me from getting depressed. I've been just focusing on school, graduate after a couple summer classes. Still on a couple of alt lists. Hope I get in before I have to reapply in a month.... geez.... I'm hoping for some movement now that it's May and the schools will hopefully kick all of the squatters off their lists.
              haisha, no worries bro! I didn't go to college & check ME out!!!!

hah.

how ya been man?

Lurchdubious

the Homeless Ninja
              10+ Year Member
              7+ Year Member
              Mar 25, 2007
              VA
              1. Dental Student
                LURCH, what up buddy?! I've been layin low on SDN, it helps to keep me from getting depressed. I've been just focusing on school, graduate after a couple summer classes. Still on a couple of alt lists. Hope I get in before I have to reapply in a month.... geez.... I'm hoping for some movement now that it's May and the schools will hopefully kick all of the squatters off their lists.
                i hope you get in bigguy. what schools are you waitlisted at? i was holding on to my spot at Pitt for a while, but withdrew a few weeks ago.

good luck!

haisha ni narou

10+ Year Member
                7+ Year Member
                Aug 4, 2007
                Orange County
                1. Dental Student
                  i hope you get in bigguy. what schools are you waitlisted at? i was holding on to my spot at Pitt for a while, but withdrew a few weeks ago.

good luck!

MWU and Buffalo. It's coming down to the wire here. I'm okay with it though. After I graduate I'll just reapply and study for the DAT again to bring up a couple sections. Ultimately if dentistry doesn't work out for me I could always be a writer, although I'm not oppressed nor am I gay.....

Lurchdubious

the Homeless Ninja
                  10+ Year Member
                  7+ Year Member
                  Mar 25, 2007
                  VA
                  1. Dental Student
                    MWU and Buffalo. It's coming down to the wire here. I'm okay with it though. After I graduate I'll just reapply and study for the DAT again to bring up a couple sections. Ultimately if dentistry doesn't work out for me I could always be a writer, although I'm not oppressed nor am I gay.....
                    sounds like a good plan. alternatively, should you not get in you could go to MEXICO!!!

aren't you a master at eXcaping?

fast eXcape! fast eXcape!!!

Simplystressed

10+ Year Member
                    Aug 20, 2007
                    1. Pre-Dental
                      shouldn't us waitlist people start hearing more now....isn't there something significant about may 5th? is that the day schools can see if people are double deposited?

honestly tho, how many ppl actually hold more than 1 deposit?

About the Ads

Lurchdubious

the Homeless Ninja
                      10+ Year Member
                      7+ Year Member
                      Mar 25, 2007
                      VA
                      1. Dental Student
                        shouldn't us waitlist people start hearing more now....isn't there something significant about may 5th? is that the day schools can see if people are double deposited?

honestly tho, how many ppl actually hold more than 1 deposit?
                        its CINCO DE MAYO!!!

lol. i actually held 2 deposits for a little while, somewhat unintentionally tho.

phraud

Yes thats me on a unicorn
                        10+ Year Member
                        5+ Year Member
                        Mar 13, 2006
                        New York, NY
                        1. Dental Student
                          i cant believe you havn't gotten in yet. your dat scores are like 98th percentile! cant do much better than that..

Haha, yeah I hear that often. Maybe I just need to brush up on my interviewing skills. I guess high-fiving during my interviews wasn't a good idea.

"...you like dentistry too?! Awesome, up high, dawg!"

phraud

Yes thats me on a unicorn
                          10+ Year Member
                          5+ Year Member
                          Mar 13, 2006
                          New York, NY
                          1. Dental Student

Lurchdubious

the Homeless Ninja
                            10+ Year Member
                            7+ Year Member
                            Mar 25, 2007
                            VA
                            1. Dental Student
                              Phraud, i just checked out your predents. nice stats man. i especially like the extracurriculars. do you really love the lamp? or are you just saying that because you saw it?

About the Ads
                              This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                              7. This thread is locked.