Has anyne been accepted off ANY waitlist this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

squints02

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious because I haven't heard anything back from the two schools I am waiting on.
Has there been any movement anywhere?

Members don't see this ad.

my friend just got his first acceptance yesterday morning via a phone call from Nova..it was funny because he had no idea he still had a shot there and told them that he thought he had been rejected already:)

yup. i was an alternate at UOP. got accepted beginning of march. (is alternate the same thing as waitlist? i am assuming it is...)

Members don't see this ad :)
got off the waitlist at temple

Yes i believe alternate and waitlist are the same thing.
Well congrats to all of you...that must be quite the relief...

i know of at least one getting in at VCU.

just heard of another guy getting into VCU off the waitlist.

i know at least one of them is out of state. not sure about the other guy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in off the wait list at VCU and so did another girl. We are both out of state

i know 2 people that were taken off the waitlist at Nova last month.

accepted 1 out of 3 waitlists

CONGRATS! I hope to see you both this fall!
Dan

i think its early for waitlist but for VCU, you have like 2 more months before classes start right at VCU? the rest of us on waitlist could potentially have to wait till mid august.

accepted 1 out of 3 waitlists

hey were you accepted at howard? i might be mistaking you with someone else though.

how were you all notified? phone call, email, mail, aadsas?

in the past 3 weeks, I had 2 friends interviewing at UCLA and UOP for waitlist spots. They both found out the following week that they were accepted.

i think its early for waitlist but for VCU, you have like 2 more months before classes start right at VCU? the rest of us on waitlist could potentially have to wait till mid august.

I didn't realize some schools start in Aug. Long wait huh? Sorry 'bout that. stay hopeful and never give up! :)

Dan

Yea, i got accepted about a week ago, off the waiting list for MWU. I'm so excited.. i've been waiting to go to dental school all my life!!! Can't wait for school to start :oops: All i can say is try to stay positive.. i know i was feeling hopeless, but then i got that magical call.. and the rest is history.

I wish this was my story.
Yea, i got accepted about a week ago, off the waiting list for MWU. I'm so excited.. i've been waiting to go to dental school all my life!!! Can't wait for school to start :oops: All i can say is try to stay positive.. i know i was feeling hopeless, but then i got that magical call.. and the rest is history.

Schools also save spots for people they expect to repeat a year if Spring grades are poor and need to repeat. Depending on finals week, spots may open up for the wait lists.

Schools also save spots for people they expect to repeat a year if Spring grades are poor and need to repeat. Depending on finals week, spots may open up for the wait lists.

Is this true? I just finished a semester and have a spring term to finish with classes that are required to matriculate. If there is any truth to this it definitely gives me hope.

LURCH, what up buddy?! I've been layin low on SDN, it helps to keep me from getting depressed. I've been just focusing on school, graduate after a couple summer classes. Still on a couple of alt lists. Hope I get in before I have to reapply in a month.... geez.... I'm hoping for some movement now that it's May and the schools will hopefully kick all of the squatters off their lists.
haisha, no worries bro! I didn't go to college & check ME out!!!!

hah.

how ya been man?

LURCH, what up buddy?! I've been layin low on SDN, it helps to keep me from getting depressed. I've been just focusing on school, graduate after a couple summer classes. Still on a couple of alt lists. Hope I get in before I have to reapply in a month.... geez.... I'm hoping for some movement now that it's May and the schools will hopefully kick all of the squatters off their lists.
i hope you get in bigguy. what schools are you waitlisted at? i was holding on to my spot at Pitt for a while, but withdrew a few weeks ago.

good luck!

i hope you get in bigguy. what schools are you waitlisted at? i was holding on to my spot at Pitt for a while, but withdrew a few weeks ago.

good luck!

MWU and Buffalo. It's coming down to the wire here. I'm okay with it though. After I graduate I'll just reapply and study for the DAT again to bring up a couple sections. Ultimately if dentistry doesn't work out for me I could always be a writer, although I'm not oppressed nor am I gay.....

MWU and Buffalo. It's coming down to the wire here. I'm okay with it though. After I graduate I'll just reapply and study for the DAT again to bring up a couple sections. Ultimately if dentistry doesn't work out for me I could always be a writer, although I'm not oppressed nor am I gay.....
sounds like a good plan. alternatively, should you not get in you could go to MEXICO!!!

aren't you a master at eXcaping?

fast eXcape! fast eXcape!!!

shouldn't us waitlist people start hearing more now....isn't there something significant about may 5th? is that the day schools can see if people are double deposited?

honestly tho, how many ppl actually hold more than 1 deposit?

got the phonecall earlier this month to be removed from umdnj's waitlist :D

shouldn't us waitlist people start hearing more now....isn't there something significant about may 5th? is that the day schools can see if people are double deposited?

honestly tho, how many ppl actually hold more than 1 deposit?
its CINCO DE MAYO!!!

lol. i actually held 2 deposits for a little while, somewhat unintentionally tho.

Has anyone heard anything from Buffalo?

I'm waitlisted at NYU and USC. I've heard nothing from them so far. *sigh* At least I have Grand Theft Auto 4 to keep me busy...

I'm waitlisted at NYU and USC. I've heard nothing from them so far. *sigh* At least I have Grand Theft Auto 4 to keep me busy...

i thought you were going to mcv?

Nope, they wouldn't take me. I interviewed there super early too. So sad...

i cant believe you havn't gotten in yet. your dat scores are like 98th percentile! cant do much better than that..

i cant believe you havn't gotten in yet. your dat scores are like 98th percentile! cant do much better than that..

Haha, yeah I hear that often. Maybe I just need to brush up on my interviewing skills. I guess high-fiving during my interviews wasn't a good idea.

"...you like dentistry too?! Awesome, up high, dawg!"

hahah we need more humor during this whole process....
who wants a stiff dentist anyways, right

I think Phraud will definately get in this year off a waitlist.

If for whatever reason you don't get taken off, you should take that picture of you on the unicorn to the interview.

Phraud, i just checked out your predents. nice stats man. i especially like the extracurriculars. do you really love the lamp? or are you just saying that because you saw it?

Phraud, i just checked out your predents. nice stats man. i especially like the extracurriculars. do you really love the lamp? or are you just saying that because you saw it?

I love lamp... I love lamp.

has anyone heard from Buffalo waitlist?