Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Has anyone actually gotten through on AMCAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bnichols0330, May 9, 2001.

1. bnichols0330

bnichols0330 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I've been trying for four days to fill out the biographical section of the AMCAS application. The first day it let me fill out the first two screens after 30 minutes (on a T1 connection). Since then I can log in, but when I try to access the biographical information section it tells me that there is either too much traffic or an internal error. Since I've tried it at all hours of the day I am certain that it is an internal error. Has anyone else had these problems? Has anyone actually gotten through to fill out even the entire Biographical section???

2. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

It doenst matter if you got T1, T3, or a freakin OC-48 fiber optic line, the connection is disrupted on their end.

Supposedly they will be adding new application servers soon, but not sure how long thats going to take.

3. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

I got in this morning, at the blistering pace of about one page every 10 minutes (not counting time used to enter information).

Good luck to everybody who's trying to get this stuff entered. All I have left is to put in the little mini-essays for my experiences, and my personal statement and practice vision. :D

4. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    For the first time I was able to get past the third screen in the BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION section. This was last night at 1:00 a.m. Alaska Time. It was reasonably fast (about 30 seconds per page).

5. EMDrMoe

EMDrMoe Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Jamie, how did you get it all done??? I keep getting kicked out with errors!! Help!!!!! Thanks... :confused:

6. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator

Maybe it's my awesome computer (233, 32k ram, 56K modem, 5 years old) ;) Also, I am running Internet Explorer 5.? (I don't know exactly which version, but it seems to work well), and I have seen others suggest that most of the error problems lie in the use of Netscape. I haven't tried Netscape, but IE5 is working out nicely :)

Actually, my success lies in the fact that I was able to forego frivolous things like finals studying when the application first went online. Now each section takes me as long as it is everyone else. :(

7. LENZ

LENZ Junior Member

Hi there bnichols, it's blenz. maybe if you'd stay up past 10PM you could get it done. just kidding. tell m to give me a call tomorrow. what day is she off this week? i'd really like to go to the beach!!! :eek: