Has anyone applied to medical and dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thebeyonder

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to medical and dental school? Which did you pick?
Tim.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone done this, or know anyone... i know my kaplan teacher for DAt's applied to Med/Dental and LAW and got accepted to all 3, he's a genius!

What a waste of money that would be. Why not decide before the application process what you want to do with your life instead of after.

Members don't see this ad :)
What a waste of money that would be. Why not decide before the application process what you want to do with your life instead of after.
No kidding! Is it not possible to just decide what you want to do? Really all you need to do is shadow a bunch and get a feel for the field and you are going to find the one you would rather go into.

I applied to 10 dental schools and 1 med school - i really want to be a dentist but i also know that this competitive process has many casualties. So I also applied to med school in my home country (jamaica). My chances of getting in are increased there. The method to my madness is that, I must be in an institution come sept.

Imagine explaining to your dentistry school interviewer why you wanted to choose dentistry over medicine and law, and your medical school interviewer why you wanted to choose medicine over dentistry and law, and your law school interviewer why you wanted to choose law over medicine and dentistry. Wow, the applicant would have to get very creative here...

Imagine explaining to your dentistry school interviewer why you wanted to choose dentistry over medicine and law, and your medical school interviewer why you wanted to choose medicine over dentistry and law, and your law school interviewer why you wanted to choose law over medicine and dentistry. Wow, the applicant would have to get very creative here...

HAHA!!!

I know someone who applied to both medical and dental school this application cycle. I'm not sure if it was because they couldn't decide what was for them or if they wanted to hedge their bets. Either way, the got into DO school and are heading that way next year.

There are no interviews for entering law school. And med schools don't care if you've applied to dental school. They don't ask that on AMCAS. Only dental asks about "health professions school (ie medical)." The self-aversion to the "I didn't get into medical school" joke paints us as very insecure.

Med schools don't give a rat's ass if you applied to dental school and didn't get in, as long as you have the GPA, MCAT and service work. If you didn't get into med school but have the GPA, DAT and service work, dental schools will kinda don't want you.