Has anyone applied to the University of Tennessee??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDtoB

Accepted!!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if they ask everyone that applies to fill out a supplemental application or do they only invite the stronger candidates as stated on their website "After an application has been reviewed, the stronger candidates will be contacted to complete the Supplemental Application online". Im trying to determine if I should get a little bit happy or not. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Well I got the supplemental invite and the interview in 11/07. Only to get rejected like a week later. Guess I didnt discover this site in time :(

Well I got the supplemental invite and the interview in 11/07. Only to get rejected like a week later. Guess I didnt discover this site in time :(

Sorry to hear about that, if you dont mind me asking, what was the interview prcocess like, what of questions did they ask, I heard that they make your write an essay, what type of essay did you have to write? Are you from TN, anddid you apply to any other schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Howdy PharmDtoB,

I posted the same question awhile ago, and I think the verdict is still out. I didn't get a response from anyone who applied that didn't get an offer to fill out the supplemental. The wording of UT's email is very encouraging. If it'll make you feel cheerful or optimistic, then by all means assume that they mean what they say.

Good luck with it all.

Sorry to hear about that, if you dont mind me asking, what was the interview prcocess like, what of questions did they ask, I heard that they make your write an essay, what type of essay did you have to write? Are you from TN, anddid you apply to any other schools?

Interview was a half day. Large conference room with various people talking. People were snatched out periodically. Tours were given to groups not interviewing. There was a supplemental questionnaire with essay. My essay was something about national healthcare.

Interview itself was 2 on one. They were nice. Questions were similar to whats in the interview feedback section: Introduce/describe yourself, extracurricular, etc. One interesting question was "Describe a time when you had to teach yourself something." They dont know your GPA/PCAT but they do read your statement I believe.

After interviews/tours theres a lunch with more speakers. I am from CA and I did apply to other schools, no good news yet though.

i u don't mind me asking, wut's ur stats??

i u don't mind me asking, wut's ur stats??

PharmCAS GPA: 3.5
PCAT Composite Percentile: 99 (yay)
BS in Biological Sciences
No health field work/experience (not yay)
Apparently a bad interviewee :(

PharmCAS GPA: 3.5
PCAT Composite Percentile: 99 (yay)
BS in Biological Sciences
No health field work/experience (not yay)
Apparently a bad interviewee :(

Wow those are some good stats, what did you do to score so high on the PCAT?

I was just wondering if they ask everyone that applies to fill out a supplemental application or do they only invite the stronger candidates as stated on their website "After an application has been reviewed, the stronger candidates will be contacted to complete the Supplemental Application online". Im trying to determine if I should get a little bit happy or not. :)

The interview process is exactlly as everyone puts it. You'll be split up into 2 large groups( 1/2 interviews first, the other 1/2 tour first) then you switch. Arrive early to the interview so you'll have time to fill out the supplemental and essay. Your suppose to have it done when your called to interview, which is unexpected as UncertainRX described. When all is said and done, you have a good southern lunch and parents are encouraged to attend.
I'm assuming you would stay in Memphis vs Knoxville as a P2 when you get in:)
FYI to others- UT Memphis favors TN residents and doesn't mind telling you that during the interview. I think its funny ~ GO VOLS!

Howdy PharmDtoB,

I posted the same question awhile ago, and I think the verdict is still out. I didn't get a response from anyone who applied that didn't get an offer to fill out the supplemental. The wording of UT's email is very encouraging. If it'll make you feel cheerful or optimistic, then by all means assume that they mean what they say.

Good luck with it all.

I applied and did not get an invitation to fill supplemental. perhaps because of my location: New Jersey !! lol

Just interviewed on Feb 7th. I felt it went pretty good. Not a hard interview at all.

We were done at 1:00pm and I got a call at 3:30pm telling me I was accepted:D:D:D:D:D

Stats:

3.5 Cumm GPA (3.6 science and math)
72 PCAT
BS degree in biology
worked for cardinal health for 18 months
all kinds of extra extracurriculars

Good luck to everyone else :thumbup: