has anyone been able to raise a low practice mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vargant

MS1
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken a practice test on their first try and scored between a low 20 to mid 20 and thought that the test was really hard, then study diligently and was able to raised their scores significantly to be competitive (at minimum of a 30)?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone taken a practice test on their first try and scored between a low 20 to mid 20 and thought that the test was really hard, then study diligently and was able to raised their scores significantly to be competitive (at minimum of a 30)?

I'd say the majority of testers get something in the low to mid-20s on their diagnostic/first practice test. Some people get lower, and some get higher. In any case, you should be able to raise it to a 30+ if you study the material well.

definitely...i went from 20 on my diagnostic to 30 on my first practice AAMC (after one month of studying, but still :D) :luck:

Your description is the typical student's experience.

Therefore, the answer is yes.

If you can read and comprehend within the time limits, the MCAT is very doable as long as you understand the material at its basic level.