sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
I finally got put on the alternate list today. :thumbdown: This after explicitly telling the school that I will go there if accepted. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I want to know if anyone has been accepted to UC Irvine since Jan. If so, when was your interview and when were you accepted.

CalGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
sdnstud said:
I finally got put on the alternate list today. :thumbdown: This after explicitly telling the school that I will go there if accepted. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I want to know if anyone has been accepted to UC Irvine since Jan. If so, when was your interview and when were you accepted.
Hey man don't worry too much! Seriously, I think A LOT of peeps get put on the waitlist first. A lot of students I met there had been waitlisted first (even REALLY strong applicants) and got off the waitlist in the summer. So don't worry....I'm expecting to be waitlisted too. Gluck! :thumbup:

Haybrant

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
Status
when i went to interview i stayed with a host; we went out to eat with three others; of four of them at the table, 3 had gotten in off the waitlist; so, either the waitlisters just hang out together, or they take alot of people off that list; good luck!

cammy1313

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2004
Encinitas, CA
Status
sdnstud said:
I finally got put on the alternate list today. :thumbdown: This after explicitly telling the school that I will go there if
sdnstud, the exact same thing happened to me. At the end of my interview I made point to state that Irvine was my top choice and why. Boom, on the waitlist only 2 weeks later.

I concur that they accept a lot of people off of the waitlist towards the summer. A lot of the students I spoke to had late interviews and were waitlisted after that. There is definately hope but at the same time they can't possibly accept all of the alternates.