Has anyone been accepted to USN early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smilescali

Almost there...
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

For those of you that applied early to USN in the past 2 years or so, did any of you get admitted early? By that I mean did you interview before January and get accepted within a few weeks of your interview?
I spoke with Dr. DeYoung and he said that they let some candidates know that they have been accepted shortly after the interview as opposed to the normal "April" notification. He also said sometimes they interview in the fall for very qualified people. Just wondering if any of you were in that glorious position :laugh: Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in March and got accepted within a week.

RxGirl said:
I interviewed in March and got accepted within a week.

Wow that is great! When did you turnin your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview last February (turned in my application about two weeks before I got a call for an interview) and got "the call" a week later from Dr. DeYoung telling me I was accepted. It was kind of funny because I went to Vegas for a week (made a vacation out of it :D ) and had my interview the first day I was there. When I arrived home it was only a few days later that my phone rang. Funny how much your life can change in three weeks.

JTD1972 said:
I had my interview last February (turned in my application about two weeks before I got a call for an interview) and got "the call" a week later from Dr. DeYoung telling me I was accepted. It was kind of funny because I went to Vegas for a week (made a vacation out of it :D ) and had my interview the first day I was there. When I arrived home it was only a few days later that my phone rang. Funny how much your life can change in three weeks.

NICE!!! You must have really made an impression on the staff in your interview! I know they grant interviews based on GPA so hopefully I will be okay there. It is the only school that I will be applying to, so I everything will be riding on my application, GPA and finally the interview at USN. That is a great story! I hope I will be in the same boat 2 weeks after I turn in my application in August/ Sept. ! Doubt it as I will probably have to play the waiting game until January if I get an interview. :laugh:

I turned in my app in september