Has anyone been accepted to UT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BTRX

I got interviewed on 3/23 and I was just wondering if anyone received acceptance letters yet? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on 2/17 and still haven't heard anything from them yet. There's actually a whole bunch of us on here that are going crazy waiting to find out whether we got in or not so don't worry you're not alone! I e-mailed Dr. Wilcox asking for an update on the status of my application and he still hasn't replied....:confused: One girl I talked to said the bulk of acceptances won't be mailed out until several weeks after the last interview date which I believe is in April! Nasty I know, but don't worry you'll hopefully be hearing good news soon.

I interviewed on that same day and I haven't heard anything. I also interviewed for Kingsville and they said that they will send out the letters on april 15th. As for UT, we're just going to have to wait :(.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed Dr.Wilcox last week and he told me, "letters will be going out soon." I'm a re-applicant so I'm not sure if he was referring to re-applicants only or to everyone. We all just have to be a little patient, although it's very hard to do.

I also emailed him, and he said they are having another meeting this thursday. i interviewed on feb 17th. he said they didn't get to all of our applications on their first meeting and that we are at the top of the list for this thursday's meeting (those of us who interviewed first but still haven't heard anything). i'm guessing emails will go out thursday afternoon or friday. yay!

interviewed the 24h, I have heard from other friends on campus that the earliest they decide would be today, and another set of acceptances goes out on friday. i cant confirm this, but im sure anyone without a 4.0/99pcat is going to have to wait it through! :thumbdown:

will the acceptance letters be emailed? or only in the mail? I hate waiting :(

I'm thinking the letters are going to be emailed and mailed.... That's why I've been checking my email 50 times a day for the past 2 days.:scared:

I am a reapplicant and I just got an email from Dr. Wilcox titled pharmD admissions update. It says that my application is still in consideration and he also said that there will be more frequent updates starting next week.

I am a reapplicant and I just got an email from Dr. Wilcox titled pharmD admissions update. It says that my application is still in consideration and he also said that there will be more frequent updates starting next week.

I'm a reapplicant as well...when did you interview?

I also got the email. I haven't interviewed this year, so I guess my interview from last year went well. Let's keep our fingers crossed for good news soon. :thumbup:

uh-oh I didn't get that one. Anyone else not get an e-mail?

how did you guys get the email from Dr. Wilcox? is there a listserv for that stuff? or do you guys just frequently email him?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in!!!!!!

congratulations!!! did u find out via e-mail or regular mail? GOOD JOB!!!

just kidding..

lol dude you suck! Im at my friend's house right now and I seriously almost left to go check my mail.:scared:

shoot..I've been out of school for 12 years.:smuggrin:

When I was applying to pharmacy schools in 1990...texas didn't even offer PharmD.

how did you guys get the email from Dr. Wilcox? is there a listserv for that stuff? or do you guys just frequently email him?

I'm not sure exactly but based on this thread it looks like the people who got the email are all reapplicants. I haven't emailed UT at all regarding my status but I got the email today from Dr. Wilcox letting me know that I'm still in the running. Oh and I haven't interviewed this year either..I interviewed back in 2005.

I'm not sure exactly but based on this thread it looks like the people who got the email are all reapplicants. I haven't emailed UT at all regarding my status but I got the email today from Dr. Wilcox letting me know that I'm still in the running. Oh and I haven't interviewed this year either..I interviewed back in 2005.

whoa 2005? so you don't have to interview if you're a reapp? and you still get considered for this school year? how cool. I guess it makes the process easier for me next year if I don't get in this year...:)

i got the email from wilcox... first time applicant!

I received that email from Dr. Wilcox as well. I am not a reapplicant, but I have not interviewed yet. Is anyone else in that situation?

I received that email from Dr. Wilcox as well. I am not a reapplicant, but I have not interviewed yet. Is anyone else in that situation?

I am..but I didn't receive an email o_O. I took the Jan PCATS. I think UT has one more round of interview end of April (don't quote me on this)....so invitations should come out by next week....eeks scary.

I heard the same thing about the april interviews. But as for me I'm a first time applicant and I have yet to receive anything from them...... on the brightside UH sent me an interview invite.

There must be a God! because I have been accepted to UT pharmacy school!!:laugh: Check your "UT Direct" admission status to see if you guys got in. I interviewed on Feb 9...good luck to all!!

that is weird, i thought they would send an email to tell us if we got in. are you looking at your application status? if not how do you get to admission status?

texastwinner,

I know it's strange, but you will have to log into your "UT direct" account, then scroll down & click on

the "View your complete status check and additional messages"on the lower rght side of the screen.

this will take you to your personal info page and then scroll down to the text on the bottom. if you have

been admitted, it will say"congratulation, you have been admitted to UT pharmacy...." along with other

links to complete your acceptance. I guess this is how they will contact you, because I DID NOT get

an email. When you log into your UT Direct account, you should see a box on the lower rigt side with

the following info:

APPLICATION STATUS CHECKLISTX
We've reached a decision about your admission to UT Austin. Find out more about your admission decision.

Application for Admission Received
Application Fees/Other Received
Undergraduate Essays Received
High School Documents Received
College Transcripts Received
Pharm.D. Application Requirements
Pharm.D. Application Received
Next Steps
Enrollment Deposit Received
Final High School Transcript Received
Summer Orientation Not on File
Optional Applications
Housing Application Not on File

2007 Financial Aid Application Not on File
2007 CONTINUING SCHOLARSHIP APP Not on File

View your complete status check and additional messages.(double click here)

:( Well I don't see anything. It just says that they have all of my stuff (pcat, etc.) I don't have anything on my utdirect that says application checklist though, maybe b/c I am already a student at UT. WEll, congratulations!

There must be a God! because I have been accepted to UT pharmacy school!!:laugh: Check your "UT Direct" admission status to see if you guys got in. I interviewed on Feb 9...good luck to all!!

wait...I thought the first interview was on feb 16?

I'm in too!! Thank you so much thewinn for letting me know about this!! Good luck to everyone else!

congrats! how the heck do you find it!? is it under application status? the same one that says 'we received your application for the pharmD program...view details here" mabye i just didn't get in :(

yea just go to utdirect from google, and login. Then u scroll all the way down the down to your application status and click on the link that says "view your complete application status and additional messages" or click the link that says "we've reached a decision about your admission" to UT-Austin. Let us know the news.

my ut direct screen must be different than yours..i have so much stuff on my ut direct screen probably b/c i'm already a student here...so i can't find anything. i will let you guys know if i do though!

Wow congratulations Lateralus!! The wait has been a killer. You are the first person I've heard of from our interview date getting accepted, great job!

I got in too. Interviewed mid feb. sometime.

So far I know about 4 people from the first round of interviews that go to UT and got accepted. They all found out like 2 weeks after their interview though.
Any march interviews find out anything?

PS- anyone that got in mind giving stats?

so to everyone who got in today, did all of you find out through the application status or through email? i'm a current ut student, so i don't really have the ut admissions status, I interviewed back in feb too... and still didn't hear anything..:(

so to everyone who got in today, did all of you find out through the application status or through email? i'm a current ut student, so i don't really have the ut admissions status, I interviewed back in feb too... and still didn't hear anything..:(

same situation here...I'm a current UT student as well

I got in too. Interviewed mid feb. sometime.

Congradulations pharmagg! I was just wondering...if you received an email about your admission? Thx!

Yea I only found out by reading the original post about logging in with your UTeid and scrolling all the way down to the bottom right corner and clicking the link "we've reached a decision about your application". I didn't recieve an e-mail and will let ya'll know if I know if I recieve anything via regular mail.

Yea I only found out by reading the original post about logging in with your UTeid and scrolling all the way down to the bottom right corner and clicking the link "we've reached a decision about your application". I didn't recieve an e-mail and will let ya'll know if I know if I recieve anything via regular mail.

I think current UT students' UTdirect page looks different...:confused:

Are there any current UT students that have been accepted see this link status page people are talking about? :confused:

I think current UT students' UTdirect page looks different...:confused:

Are there any current UT students that have been accepted see this link status page people are talking about? :confused:

here's another way I found out. go to the page where you originally applied (ie go to the online pharmD application page). Once you're go to the application status link in the box in the upper left hand side. The link took me to the same place as the one on my UT direct page.

has anyone who interviewed in the second round (march 23/24) been adimtted ? If not does anyone have any idea when they will start notifying us? :confused:

I interviewed on feb 17th...no offense to people who interviewed in march but i still haven't found out anything and i will be mad if you guys find out before we do!:) So, I'm convinced that if you are a current UT student, they didn't update our application status. i called and she said emails will be going out next week

I interviewed on feb 17th...no offense to people who interviewed in march but i still haven't found out anything and i will be mad if you guys find out before we do!:) So, I'm convinced that if you are a current UT student, they didn't update our application status. i called and she said emails will be going out next week

thanks for the info. good luck to you and everyone else:thumbup:

thanks for the info. good luck to you and everyone else:thumbup:

no problem...and good luck to you and all of the other longhorns who are going to have to wait a little longer..hook 'em!

Thx for the info, makes me feel a lil more better, now i'm just anxious for an email next week haha

My application status still says that they are currently reviewing my application for admission :( Hopefully those of us still waiting will get good news soon!

Congradulations pharmagg! I was just wondering...if you received an email about your admission? Thx!
Sorry for taking so long to respond but I was on my way to work this afternoon. No, I did not recieve an email I went to https://utdirect.utexas.edu and logged in to view my application status check. If you scroll down and click the link that says view your complete app. status check and additional messages it will take you a congratulations page where it requests a 200 deposit. I am not a UT Student though, graduated from Texas A&M in 2004 with a B.S. WHOOP!!