Has anyone been accepted to Western U?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheChemist

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm only asking because it seems like everyone is being put on hold. I wonder if they are putting everyone on hold untill they finish interviewing so they can rank eveyone at the end? Just a thought.

Members don't see this ad.

TheChemist said:
I'm only asking because it seems like everyone is being put on hold. I wonder if they are putting everyone on hold untill they finish interviewing so they can rank eveyone at the end? Just a thought.

With regards to the people you know who were placed on hold, were they notified via phone, e-mail, or postal mail? I haven't heard anything from them and I interviewed on January 17th :confused: .

I just opened my mail and have been accepted to Western :) .
So those of you who interviewed on Jan. 17, check your mailbox.
Good Luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
FunnyPHARM said:
Good Luck to everyone!!

Wow!! CONGRATULATIONS to YOU!! OH my gosh how exciting and scary :laugh: . I checked my PO Box today and haven't received anything yet. Good to know the letters are finally coming out though. It seems like forever.

yup..for those that are waiting, the acceptance letters are finally here. I got mine today and it was dated 1/30. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

FunnyPHARM, thanks for the headup on checking my mail.

I got in!!! I hope we can become classmate!!! Woot! asdfasdfasdf234234sadf

FunnyPHARM said:
Good Luck to everyone!!

congrats, i am applying there next year.

Can u share ur GPA, major, school please. thanks a lot

i am in too.... excited.... anyways, for those who have been accpeted, is western your first choice?

TheChemist said:

i was interviewed on thurs jan 19, and i got a letter today and i got accepted...i cried like a little girl. actually, i was speechless and teared up a bit :laugh:

steveysmith54 said:
Can the people who got accepted please share ur gpa, major, and school. please thanks.

steveysmith54, I PMed you

Fushi.tarazu said:
i am in too.... excited.... anyways, for those who have been accpeted, is western your first choice?

I interviewed with USC, UOP and Western. Now that I'm accepted to Western, it doesnt matter if I get accepted to UOP or not; I will pick WesternU over UOP. As for USC, it's still a tough choice. I have to wait and see if they pick off the waitlist and think about it over.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to you guys that got accepted. Now im scaring myself because i was reading the statistics for last years admission and only 5 students out of state got accepted.. blah and i know a lot of you guys are from california and im from vegas. I just have to stand out i guess in my interview.

For those of you who got accepted....What size was the letter that was sent to you??? BIigggg or smallll????

it was a small envelop. but 3rd year student already told us that the letter would not be big. i guess they will send out the big envelop when they receive the deposit ($500).

TheChemist, hey u got into UOP? That's great... shouldn't be worrying about Western. If I applied there and got in I would totally go there. It's a 3 yr program, you finish faster and plus its a pretty prestigious school. Good job!

For those who interviewed at Western on Jan. 17th, when did you all receive the letter for an interview? 2 weeks prior to interview??

pAwSN said:
TheChemist, hey u got into UOP? That's great... shouldn't be worrying about Western. If I applied there and got in I would totally go there. It's a 3 yr program, you finish faster and plus its a pretty prestigious school. Good job!

I agree but my wife is applying to vet schools and western vet school is a lot easier to get into then UC Davis. I'm just hoping we end up going to schools in the same city. Otherwise it's going to be tough.

S.O.S. said:
For those who interviewed at Western on Jan. 17th, when did you all receive the letter for an interview? 2 weeks prior to interview??

it was earlier than 2 weeks, about a month prior to the interview. they'll call you over the phone, then 2 weeks later, they'll send you an email confirming the date and time of the interview, direction to the school, parking, etc.

Yay I've been accepted! Haha took long enough. With people getting their letters days ago I thought I didn't make it.

Congratulations, do u mind sharing ur stats...you did very well for yourself.

o well the Good luck to both of you...we need good vets in cali

o well the Good luck to both of you...we need good vets in cali

I got into Western!! yay! :)

Shinoball said:
I got into Western!! yay! :)
Congrats!! IIRC, you also got accepted into USC. Which school are you going to attend?

vsfan said:
Congrats!! IIRC, you also got accepted into USC. Which school are you going to attend?

Most likely USC.. i already paid the 500 dollar deposit :laugh: