Has anyone been pulled out of acceptance or interview due to Fall grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YiYaoYue

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been interviewed or accepted then removed from acceptance or interview because of Fall grades were not as good as expected after they sent interview or acceptance?

I know it might happen if you fail, but is that the only case?

Members don't see this ad.

I've definitely heard stories of people having their acceptance revoked because they got a D or F in one of their courses prior to matriculation. Once you've been accepted, the work doesn't stop. :( You still have to make sure you finish all of your pre-reqs and that you get at LEAST a C in all your classes. Anything less than that and the school reserves the right to pull your acceptance.

I've definitely heard stories of people having their acceptance revoked because they got a D or F in one of their courses prior to matriculation. Once you've been accepted, the work doesn't stop. :( You still have to make sure you finish all of your pre-reqs and that you get at LEAST a C in all your classes. Anything less than that and the school reserves the right to pull your acceptance.

I meant if you end up with like a Bs or Cs when the trend shows that you should be getting straight As. And what about for classes that aren't prerequisites?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, there were quite a few students at LIU who got the conditional acceptance but then got a D or F in Physics or Organic over the summer, and that lead to them getting their acceptances pulled.

I think I acted too fast on the appeal letter to LIU, instead of doing it during the first week of summer classes, where no spots opened up, I should have waited until July or August, where 10 spots opened up.

I meant if you end up with like a Bs or Cs when the trend shows that you should be getting straight As. And what about for classes that aren't prerequisites?

I don't think it matters what the "trend" should be. So long as you get at least a C, you'll be fine. Now, if you were to fail a class that WASN't a pre-req... not too sure on that one. I would imagine you'd at least have a clue that you're going to fail ahead of time, that way you can just drop the class and take the "W."