Has anyone been receiving emails from med schools asking to apply at their place

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happening6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my application a week back. And now I have been receiving emails from emory, st. louis, wisconsin, etc. stating their moto and asking me to apply at their colleges. I have a low mcat score in high 20s and i am a minority applicant. Has anyone else been receiving these emails. Is this something special.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

dont even bother with these or read too much into them. They mass send them too all students or often to minority/disadvantaged students. I got a ton of things from northwestern, dartmouth, etc etc...all because i applied disadvantaged. They mean less than nothing

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya OP i got emails from the exact same schools telling me to apply. They just want your money, I wouldn't bother applying unless its a school you would actually consider going to.

you are getting these emails only because you are URM. some schools are extremely desperate for diversity. when i took my MCAT I marked an underrepresented race and received tons of letters/packets in the mail from schools asking me to apply (a few top 20 schools as well) but when i submitted my AMCAS i marked "white" and noone took notice of my existence

Last edited by a moderator:
They might as well have sent it and said

"Hi we are the Deans of Medicine of reputable Royal Nigerian Medical School. We recently have noticed that we have seats still available in our school and have been advised to take in qualified Americans to fill them. Your name has come up from a very trusted source and we would like to extend an offer to join our school. We have many connections with Harvard, Stanford and many other prestigious medical schools and many of our graduates go on to competitive residencies in Plastics, Dermatology, Radiology, Anesthesiology, and Opthamology. All we need is your credit card information and we can immediately begin your enrollment and journey to your dream career.

Sincerely,

Dean Richard Mbokwe"

Seriously, it's a ****ing scam