Has anyone been rejected from a FLorida Medical School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frida13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
DO the FLorida medical schools wait to send out rejection letters? I feel like I have yet to read of anyone getting rejected.....

Members don't see this ad.

No. Florida schools accept every applicant who applies.

Their combined current enrollment is close to 378,906. I heard it's pretty competitive to match in Florida.

you know...that's a good question. I haven't heard of anyone rejected as of yet, and would like to know the answer to this as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't vouch for other schools but I know that FIU waitlists whoever they do not accept post interview. It isn't until a few months into 2009 that they start sending rejection letters.

Their combined current enrollment is close to 378,906. I heard it's pretty competitive to match in Florida.

VERY FUNNY!!!:laugh: You know what I mean. I feel like the FLorida Schools just wait until the very last minute to reject people...so applicants are hanging on to false hope until the very end.

I have a friend who was rejected from UF earlier this cycle...:shrug:

UF did send me a rejection e-mail. I wasn't interviewed there.

USF on the other hand never sent me diddly squat. I wasn't even interviewed. They didn't even dignify me with a rejection letter. Not that I care since I am REALLY happy at UMiami, but you would think an institution would at least let you know that you were rejected, right?

:roflcopter::roflcopter::roflcopter::roflcopter:
:roflcopter::roflcopter::roflcopter::roflcopter:

Wow, LadyWolverine, you made my day!

I received a post interview rejection from the Miami campus of UM

I received a post interview rejection from the Miami campus of UM

Wow, I'm sorry. I was pissed when I got on their waitlist, but that's even worse. It's the story of the guy with no shoes meeting the guy with no feet.

Also, someone posted FIU in the Rejection thread, but it was post-secondary/pre-interview.

Wow, I'm sorry. I was pissed when I got on their waitlist, but that's even worse. It's the story of the guy with no shoes meeting the guy with no feet.

Also, someone posted FIU in the Rejection thread, but it was post-secondary/pre-interview.
Glad to know my situation is comparable to not having feet. I'm not a huge south FL fan and I think that might have been obvious in the interview.

I was rejected post interview at FSU. I believe it came down to their mission statement, which consist of serving the underprivileged with an emphasis on geriatrics and rural care. In my primary application, I talked about how I originally wanted to go into neuroscience, but decided to look into neurology from its combination of my interest in the central nervous system while providing humanitarian care. Consequently, I volunteered on the stroke floor of a hospital. I also did research in neuroscience. I talked with my second interviewer, and she said she scored me highly and was surprised I was rejected. I was unable to get a hold of my first interviewer. I believe my overall interview went well. I believe I was ruled out because of their mission statement.

Glad to know my situation is comparable to not having feet. I'm not a huge south FL fan and I think that might have been obvious in the interview.

:D Have to agree w/ you about south Fl... I live here now and all I can say is.. ick. How do you like the other schools you've looked at?