Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Has anyone been using the 3 BR CBTs?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by drcrabber, Jun 21, 2008.

1. drcrabber

Banned

ummm, I took the first 2 tests and...well, I get raped every time. LITERALLY raped. I've be getting 8s on both the sciences! I got 8s on my first MCAT a few months ago, but I've done WAY more studying this time around. How am I STILL getting 8s? The thing is I don't know how TBR matches with real MCAT scores. they are new tests, so I can't find any past experiences from others.

I only used AAMC tests the first time around and thought they were pretty indicative. I've only taken (retaken) AAMCs 8 and 10 this time around and scored a few points higher on each. I can't confirm if my increases on those were because I already took those tests like 2-3 months ago. I only have AAMC6 of the AAMCs that I haven't taken and saving it till like the last week.

I'm missing like 20 questions on each section on TBR! It's not very good on one's confidence when their RETAKE is less than 3 weeks away and they're scoring the same thing as the first time according to TBR!!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MossPoh

MossPoh Textures intrigue me

Medical Student
    I get the impression that GS, TPR, Kaplan, etc. all make much more demoralizing and difficult tests. If you can crank out 30+ in those consistently then the aamc ones should be easy. To put things in perspective, I got a 25 on my GS standard test. I took an aamc today and got a 34. I don't think I got 9 points smarter in one week.

I know "literally" is used as an intensifier, but I don't think the test actually bent you over and gave its sweet 45 inches of love. Although, I'd be pretty mad if a test did that to me. I'd also have more pressing concerns than my score at that point...like fixing the bleeding from the anus.

4. drcrabber

Banned

yeah, i don't know. i'm pretty demoralized right now and have a headache from CBT #2 earlier today. basically, because if I get the same score on my retake as the first time, then I have no chance of getting in anywhere. that means 15+ apps wasted...ehhh oh well 2.5 weeks away. i'll take an AAMC to see if that helps soon.