Has anyone been waiting for NYCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vix206

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I know everyone has been waiting for other schools (so am I). But I'm not sure if I've noticed anyone waiting for NYCOM. I've called, and they said I'm ready to review (been complete for about 2 months). So I'm just waiting to see what happens. Anyone else waiting with me?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I know everyone has been waiting for other schools (so am I). But I'm not sure if I've noticed anyone waiting for NYCOM. I've called, and they said I'm ready to review (been complete for about 2 months). So I'm just waiting to see what happens. Anyone else waiting with me?

Are you in-state? They have only interviewed in-state so far, but will soon be starting out-of-state interviews. I was complete for about two months and then finally got my invitation via snail mail around the end of October. They just started interviewing in November. GOOD LUCK!:luck:

Are you in-state or out-of-state? I don't think that OOS people have heard much from them. I haven't heard anything, and I'm OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I have definitely been waiting. But my story is a little different.
I already interviewed on Nov. 16 (in state) and have yet to hear. I call the school nearly every day (yes, i know its annoying..but I want to know!!) and every time they tell me that my file wasnt reviewed yet. PLus, I asked if they're just avoiding telling me the rejection, and the woman very kindly said, "no sweetheart, its just not reviewed yet.. keep waiting" so I dont think there is a big X on it, but who knows. Anyways, its been a total of 4 weeks, well 3 bc of thanksgiving...

I have no idea whats going on with them, what I should do, etc. If anyone has any kind of advice, I would be forever grateful!!!!

and the worst was that I fell in love with the school too : (

Are you in-state or out-of-state? I don't think that OOS people have heard much from them. I haven't heard anything, and I'm OOS.

I'm OOS and I havent even been asked to do a secondary! Maybe I should contact them at this point...

Are you in-state? They have only interviewed in-state so far, but will soon be starting out-of-state interviews. I was complete for about two months and then finally got my invitation via snail mail around the end of October. They just started interviewing in November. GOOD LUCK!:luck:

thanks DoctorMom (and others who mention being OOS). I live in NJ, but sometimes I feel like it's the same as NY since I live so close to NYC haha. But good to know - it's definitely made me feel better about not getting a secondary/interview.

I'm OOS and I havent even been asked to do a secondary! Maybe I should contact them at this point...

they will only ask you to do a secondary when they send an interview invite b/c u just bring the secondary with u to the interview, but ure out of state so im guessing they just havent gotten to u yet...they take their time :)

Yes, I have definitely been waiting. But my story is a little different.
I already interviewed on Nov. 16 (in state) and have yet to hear. I call the school nearly every day (yes, i know its annoying..but I want to know!!) and every time they tell me that my file wasnt reviewed yet. PLus, I asked if they're just avoiding telling me the rejection, and the woman very kindly said, "no sweetheart, its just not reviewed yet.. keep waiting" so I dont think there is a big X on it, but who knows. Anyways, its been a total of 4 weeks, well 3 bc of thanksgiving...

I have no idea whats going on with them, what I should do, etc. If anyone has any kind of advice, I would be forever grateful!!!!

and the worst was that I fell in love with the school too : (

STOP CALLING THEM!!! LOL!:laugh: Seriously, at my interview Taryn Croot said that if we called too soon about the decision she would put our application in the back corner of her desk and make us wait even longer. I believed her! So, stop calling them in case you are pissing them off.:D Just try to relax and not stress out too much. My crystal ball sees an acceptance in your future. GOOD LUCK!!!:luck:

thanks DoctorMom (and others who mention being OOS). I live in NJ, but sometimes I feel like it's the same as NY since I live so close to NYC haha. But good to know - it's definitely made me feel better about not getting a secondary/interview.

If you are in NJ and have decent stats, then you will probably be hearing from them soon. I guess the majority of the students there are from NYC and surrounding area, including NJ. GOOD LUCK!:luck: