Has anyone considered the Health Prof. Scholarship Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BCon902

PCOM c/o 2011
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking into this option to not become $200,000 or more in debt and although it is a huge committment it doesn't seem all too bad. Has anyone thought about it or know anyone in the program?

Members don't see this ad.

which scholarship is this???

If you know 100% that you will want to do primary care and wont mind working in an underserved area for a few years after graduation.....it is an awesome way to go. I couldn't commit 100%, therefore I didn't do it....but there are also loan-repayment programs that you can enter into later if you decide to practice primary care in certain areas.

Members don't see this ad :)

Just do'nt do it. You will make lots of money so do not commit your self to an area. It might sound attractive but you will regret later.

Oh! and this advise is from a "senior member" to a "junior member" so it should be consider as words of wisdom.

I assume you mean the Armed Forces HPSP. You should go look in the Military Medicine Forum... lots of information there about it.
There ARE other scholarship options including the Indian Health Services and Public Health Services... you should check those out as well.

Its up to you I checked out all branches of the military and there offers plus the Health Corps and came to one conclusion I don't know where I will want to go 4 years from now and I don't want to make a decision that will dictate my choice I would rather work off the debt then be told that I have to work some where For instince what if you decide to have a family, I have other disagreements with the military but they are more personal so I wont get into them. But honestly I think dictation of choice is a gamble that I didn't want to take but it is up to the individual this does not apply for everyone

Please search my posts. I am AF and have been posting info about the scholarship for awhile now. The last thread was only a month or so ago.

Oh! and this advise is from a "senior member" to a "junior member" so it should be consider as words of wisdom.

LOL...yes Sir! I'm definitely not interested in the military scholarship thing... just not for me...

This is really not coo.... I have almost as many posts as you and I'm still not a senior member!! did u change it yourself or it changed automatically??