has anyone done poorly in post-bacc, SMP, graduate school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ronaldo23

The Truth
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i always here success stories about people who did not do that well in undergrad and then do well in post-grad and apply/get in. what about those who go to grad school and don't get that high GPA? are they screwed and is caribbean the only option?

Members don't see this ad.

i always here success stories about people who did not do that well in undergrad and then do well in post-grad and apply/get in. what about those who go to grad school and don't get that high GPA? are they screwed and is caribbean the only option?

I don't know of anyone in this situation, but your quote rocks. Go Ron Paul!

Members don't see this ad :)
i remember seeing a thread in the carrib board about a student who did a mediocre job in an SMP (C's I believe). the big 4 carrib schools shot him/her down.

think about it. smp, post-bacc is usually a second chance, opportuinity to show a committee u can cut it. if u screw that up your options become limited.

I sort of did the opposite. I did really well in UG and then screwed up my first semester in my post-bac because I was switching careers and hadn't taken a science class since high school. So it made bringing up my BCPM hard but I eventually did it and spent an extra year in the post-bac to bring up my GPA. In the end, I ended up with just under a 3.5.