May 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello guys,
has anybody gone to NYU in this cycle to have an interview?
What was the schedule of the interview?
and how many interviews did you have in one day?

Thank you!

Sep 24, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
I interviewed last week. Basically the day starts at 8:00AM (it begins in the new NYU building...not the NYU Dental School building that shows up on Google Maps). I would suggest arriving 10-15 minutes early. They give you a supplemental application-overall it was very basic with one short essay question [about one paragraph long]. Then you get called in for an interview, which is about 10-20 minutes long depending on your interviewer. Afterwards another person meets you to discuss your academic standing and make sure you fulfilled all of the prereqs. Then there are two administrative people who talk to the group (one discusses financial aid and the other the school). The last part is a tour of the school and lunch with some dental students. Overall very relaxing interview.

Reactions: BobbyBeavis

BobbyBeavis

What are loans?
5+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2013
Status
Dental Student
I interviewed last week. Basically the day starts at 8:00AM (it begins in the new NYU building...not the NYU Dental School building that shows up on Google Maps). I would suggest arriving 10-15 minutes early. They give you a supplemental application-overall it was very basic with one short essay question [about one paragraph long]. Then you get called in for an interview, which is about 10-20 minutes long depending on your interviewer. Afterwards another person meets you to discuss your academic standing and make sure you fulfilled all of the prereqs. Then there are two administrative people who talk to the group (one discusses financial aid and the other the school). The last part is a tour of the school and lunch with some dental students. Overall very relaxing interview.
10-20 min!? Wow, very short

How many pre-dents are in the interview group?

Evistor

2+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2014
Do most of schools have a short essay interview??

I can't write w/o auto correction :-(

Sep 24, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Do most of schools have a short essay interview??

I can't write w/o auto correction :-(
I don't think so- I think those writing portions are to make sure you wrote your personal statement and are proficient in English. I don't think it makes a huge deal on your interview.

Evistor

2+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2014
I don't think so- I think those writing portions are to make sure you wrote your personal statement and are proficient in English. I don't think it makes a huge deal on your interview.
Wow. This is disturbing news as I cannot spell with out auto correction :-(

I wonder if we can look up our phones lol

Aug 4, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I think that more than a few Dental School interviews require an essay portion of the interview. But as was alluded to it is probably just to make sure you can actually write and you didn't have someone else write your application essay.