Has anyone else heard nothing at all from UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEG@COOL

M0DE 01
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Still pre interview. no word

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
per the admissions office - if you havent gotten an interview by now, im sorry to say that its likely you wont get one in this cycle. more than 80% of interviews have been granted as of now....while uic interviews into may, they dont expect to hand out too many more interviews (the number of students interviewing on any given day at this point is less than a few months ago). the percent of students deciding to attend uic has been increasing in the past few years (closer to 55% the last i checked) so the admissions office is more conservative in both interviewing and accepting.

while many people have good stats and are at par or above uic's averages (mcat, gpa, etc)...you gotta understand that this process of applying to med school sucks -- there are approximately 300 seats for more than 5000 applicants (not much more than 600 acceptances are handed out each year). so while your numbers may be great, there is a certain element of luck involved. many more people are above uic's average stats than the school can accept. :(

good luck to everyone

I second the question. :thumbup:

from what i remember, they accept about 70% of people they interview...so o out of about 800 interviews, they'll accept 600-625. dont quote me on this, however.

per the admissions office - if you havent gotten an interview by now, im sorry to say that its likely you wont get one in this cycle. more than 80% of interviews have been granted as of now....while uic interviews into may, they dont expect to hand out too many more interviews (the number of students interviewing on any given day at this point is less than a few months ago). the percent of students deciding to attend uic has been increasing in the past few years (closer to 55% the last i checked) so the admissions office is more conservative in both interviewing and accepting.

while many people have good stats and are at par or above uic's averages (mcat, gpa, etc)...you gotta understand that this process of applying to med school sucks -- there are approximately 300 seats for more than 5000 applicants (not much more than 600 acceptances are handed out each year). so while your numbers may be great, there is a certain element of luck involved. many more people are above uic's average stats than the school can accept. :(

good luck to everyone

Thanks for the info. :) At this point I'm not really expecting interviews at any of the 8 or so schools that haven't contacted me - it'd just be nice to have some closure sometime, you know? It makes me crazy when schools just leave you hanging forever and ever...

Thanks for the info. :) At this point I'm not really expecting interviews at any of the 8 or so schools that haven't contacted me - it'd just be nice to have some closure sometime, you know? It makes me crazy when schools just leave you hanging forever and ever...

yea i agree...once schools decide to not invite them for an interview, it would be best to notify them immediately. unfortunately state schools prefer to keep more people in limbo because year-to-year their class composition changes - number of people applying, number of people who have accepted their admissions offer at any given point, etc. so many schools prefer to hold applications in case they need to dish out more interviews. but i agree, its annoying.