Has anyone ever done this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Trek 1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever applied to a Caribbean med school, such as AUC which is accredited but doesn't require an interview, just so that they can make themselves feel better by having an acceptance from somewhere?

I wouldn't suggest doing this, but I am curious if anyone on here has.

Members don't see this ad.

Dr Trek 1 said:
Has anyone ever applied to a Caribbean med school, such as AUC which is accredited but doesn't require an interview, just so that they can make themselves feel better by having an acceptance from somewhere?

I haven't done this. But I am sure that some people have.

Actually, I was having dinner one night when this surgeon (or guy who claimed to be a surgeon) eating at the next table told me that I needed to apply to caribbean schools & come home to the states for residency. Then he told my partner--who was in dental school at the time--that he needed to drop out of dental school & become a real doctor. All this advice and we didn't even ask for any! HA! I suspect that the caribbean school was his safety school, and he ended up going there. The next time I see him I'll be sure to ask him to guess how much higher my MCAT score was than his.... :smuggrin: What an Ass!

probably. people do all sorts of stupid **** for stupid reasons.
my question is: it's 2005, where is my flying car? I was promised a flying car. did the jetsons lie to me?
and screw all this research on disease. i want science to make me a super smart monkey butler on rollerskates. is that too much to ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
desiredusername said:
probably. people do all sorts of stupid **** for stupid reasons.
my question is: it's 2005, where is my flying car? I was promised a flying car. did the jetsons lie to me?
and screw all this research on disease. i want science to make me a super smart monkey butler on rollerskates. is that too much to ask?
I think they put the flying car on hold after the DeLorean debacle.

You are really funny, and I am not just saying that. I'm also typing it while I say it.

don't encourage this kind of behaviour. oh, and thanks?

Dr Trek 1 said:

Its not a bad idea...

This way you have an answer to the infamous "what will you do if you don't get in" question.

You don't have to say AUC, but it'll shut them up.

I still wouldn't rely on AUC or ROSS or whatever school out there to give me confidence in this process. Carribean schools may seem nice, but I bet they suck and make it a b*tch to get into a good residency.