has anyone ever failed step 2 CS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiJoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone? or have you heard of anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

It can be done if you have poor interpersonal skills. This is what I hear about others who fail this exam. They have good clinical data gathering skills, and can speak English fine, but they are bad at communicating with patients.

Members don't see this ad :)
im thinking of taking this bs test 2 weeks after my core rotations are done. how much does one actually have to prepare for this crap?

I didn't do any preparation for this exam. I figured clinical rotations were enough practice with H&P and interpersonal skills. I passed CS. Good luck!

Is this test tough? I am trying to create my timetable and am determining how much time I need to take to study for this exam. What is the grading system? How important is it to residency programs?

Okay, for all of you, "how can you fail" people, there is a percentage that will fail!!! Sorry, it will happen because it is graded on a bell shaped curve!! Sorry to say it, but that makes me just a bit nervous.

maqsur said:
It can be done if you have poor interpersonal skills. This is what I hear about others who fail this exam. They have good clinical data gathering skills, and can speak English fine, but they are bad at communicating with patients.

Do you know anything about people in the oppisite situation...great interpersonal skills, great counseling but didn't do very well on gathering the clincal data(I just had a rally bad day and forgot LOTS of important things) Are interpersonal skills more important the the latter?

Thanks...I'm really worried about this

Yo GiJoe, you ask the freaking stupidest question. Of course there are tons of people out there fail the damn exam, or else the passing rate will be 100%. Your cockinest would not lead you to no where.

Halaljello said:
im thinking of taking this bs test 2 weeks after my core rotations are done. how much does one actually have to prepare for this crap?

to be honest, you could probably go in cold and do fine, especially 2 weeks after core rotations. however, there are certain little nuances that you won't know about unless you a) ask someone who already took it, or b) read a book, like kaplan cs or first aid cs. i don't think that those little things would be enough for you to fail, but they are grading on a bell curve, which means somebody has to fail. better to cover all your bases, i say.