Has anyone ever had PharmCAS successfully change something after e-submitting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Just noticed after e-submitting my application, I had a word used more than once in the essay, and they were very used in two separate paragraphs that followed after another. (Doh! How could I not see that after re-reading it 5 times?! :mad:) I really wish I could turn back time and change that word to something else.

Has anyone ever successfully called or talked to PharmCAS to change something very minor--whether it be personal statement related or not? I doubt they will let anyone edit anything due to their strict policy, but just wondering if anyone ever was in the same boat. Oh well. Hopefully, the committee will overlook that in their minds and see my statement for its content, rather than using the same verb twice. *sigh* :(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can think of two different situations reported on SDN where PharmCAS was able to change the app after submission (IIRC):
a) Native language accidentally set to something besides English.
b) Minor omitted from degree.

It really doesn't hurt to call or e-mail & ask, especially if your app hasn't been mailed yet.

If it's something minor, they won't do it. I tried... It was a no-go x.x

Members don't see this ad :)
Doubt anything will happen. I have a friend make an unwise decision and didn't disclose something that should've been. Realized she made a big "no-no" mistake but it was too late because it had been submitted.

\ (Doh! How could I not see that after re-reading it 5 times?! :mad:)

That's exactly what I did... and in retrospect I could have added in research and conferences. *head-desk* I don't know how I missed those. Anyways, rest assured that even if you have some minor typos, you'll probably be ok. I managed to misspell something very, very obvious twice. The same thing. TWICE :scared:. Right in a row. Once I realized that I had a mini mental crisis, but I still got into all of the schools I applied to, so apparently it was not a deal-breaker. Hopefully that makes you feel better.

Lesson? It doesn't matter if you reread your apps or essays 13458345 times... have someone else read them too!