Has anyone ever heard of or had their admission to pharmacy school revoked?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid this situation may happen to me. I've had a ridiculous courseload this semester, and I may have to repeat 2 pre-req's this Spring term. I've already been accepted to U-Maryland, which states that as long as you get a C or better in prereq's, you should be fine. But what I'm worried about is that I'm not sure if they will revoke me because of the fact that I have to repeat 2 pre-reqs, IF that makes any sense.

Has anyone ever heard of someone being revoked after being accepted? I've really had a crazy semester (personally and academically) and I know I can do better if I am just able to focus on these two pre-req's spring term. Do you think the school will care that I have to repeat as long as I do well (and I would hope to get A's this time around)?? Should I call and ask the school about this or would this just hurt my chances anyways???

Members don't see this ad.

I'm afraid this situation may happen to me. I've had a ridiculous courseload this semester, and I may have to repeat 2 pre-req's this Spring term. I've already been accepted to U-Maryland, which states that as long as you get a C or better in prereq's, you should be fine. But what I'm worried about is that I'm not sure if they will revoke me because of the fact that I have to repeat 2 pre-reqs, IF that makes any sense.

Has anyone ever heard of someone being revoked after being accepted? I've really had a crazy semester (personally and academically) and I know I can do better if I am just able to focus on these two pre-req's spring term. Do you think the school will care that I have to repeat as long as I do well (and I would hope to get A's this time around)?? Should I call and ask the school about this or would this just hurt my chances anyways???

If you do not get a C or better by the time you matriculate for your school, your acceptance to the school will be revoked. It's your best interest to pass those classes before school starts or before the deadline when everything is due. If you have to repeat them, do so, as long as the grades avg. to a C or better than your fine. Hope that helps! Good Luck!!

Im interested in that school.. what are you stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you taking other non-prereqs? If you're having trouble, just drop them and focus on the 2 prereqs. Keep your eye on the prize (getting into pharmacy school). If you're near achieving a bachelors, you can always finish those classes during a summer in pharmacy school or after graduation.
Although you may want to call the school first. A school might want you to finish everything you're taking right now with a C or better.

Drop the courses not related. Focus on the pre-reqs need to finish and try some online or CC courses.

thanks for the help guys. yes, i am taking other pre-req's right now, such as speech but that is going well so no problems there. I actually ended up dropping a class + lab that were not pre-reqs but by that point it was a very late drop and it had already impacted my grade in micro.

But I ended up calling Maryland and they told me as long as I get a C (even if I repeat) my admission should be fine and not revoked. direct quote "your seat is reserved in baltimore". Hopefully this will be the case and I'm definitely prepared to work my buns off to keep this!