Has anyone ever used MDF 767 or 767X, Sprague-Rappaport type stethoscope?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ederen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been told about pros and cons concerning Sprague-Rappaport type stethoscopes.

Beside other scopes, I have found MDF 767 and MDF 767X seems great.
I like the look of two tube scopes but it makes lots of extraneous noise by rubbing together.

767X is also two-tube type, but 2-in-1 bi-lumen type.
However I couldn't have heard reviews about that.
Has anyone ever used 767 or especially 767X and please tell me about that?

As an intern, I'm not sure about standing for the rubbing noise of two-tubes, but still I like the look of it. I'd like to choose it if the noise is not that serious as I expected.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been using 767x (MDF 2-in-1 Tube Deluxe Sprague Rappaport Stethoscope > MDF 767X) for a year now. It comes with replacement parts, as well as a pediatric diaphragm and bell. It is very comfortable on the ears. Only downside I think is the bell, it has a rather sharp border compared to the bell in other stethoscopes like Littman, which have a rubber lining over the border. However I don't think it interferes in any way with the audible sound quality. Overall I would say it's great value for money.

I think you should compare the different brands/models that you can get for the same price and then choose. :)

Thanks a lot. I now understand MDF 767X is a good model.
Still, I cannot be sure about MDF 767, that dual-tube rubbing noise problem.

I have used 3M Littman Classic II SE, and found that noise comes also from only touching the chestpiece with my hand ! It does irritate me, but not that seriously.
I'm curious about two-tubes rubbing noise would be that hard, or I can bear it.