Has anyone gotten a recommendation letter from a community college assistant professor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobethegoat24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I recently switched over to dental school. I have gotten my one science letter of recommendation but my second professor retired and I am unable to reach him about the letter he promised to write me :(. So i am searching for another science professor but I was never that close to any of my professors. I got As in most of my classes but the professors dont really know me. The only professor I think might still remember me is an assistant professor I had in community college when I took Gen chem. Is it ok for me to submit a LOR from an assistant professor at a community college? By ok I mean will it hurt my chances? If so what do people who can't get enough letter of recommendations usually do in these situations? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

So I recently switched over to dental school. I have gotten my one science letter of recommendation but my second professor retired and I am unable to reach him about the letter he promised to write me :(. So i am searching for another science professor but I was never that close to any of my professors. I got As in most of my classes but the professors dont really know me. The only professor I think might still remember me is an assistant professor I had in community college when I took Gen chem. Is it ok for me to submit a LOR from an assistant professor at a community college? By ok I mean will it hurt my chances? If so what do people who can't get enough letter of recommendations usually do in these situations? Thank you
Hey there!
I got a letter from a community college professor who taught me Anatomy. I applied this cycle and have gotten two interviews so far. I don't think this hurts your chances. If the professor can speak well of your qualities, having a letter from a community college professor will most likely not hurt you.
Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user

All of my letters have been from community college professors, and I have three interviews so far. As long as they know you well and can write about you as a strong applicant, it shouldn’t matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users