Has anyone gotten in with a 3.0 gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

savvysearch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
here's my situation. I have a 3.0 University GPA with a BS in bio. But it's probably 2/10s lower as I retook classes and they will probably be averaged. I also took a one year post-bac program for prehealth (which is an academic improvement type program for those applying to health grad schools). and got a 3.6 gpa. Combined the two, I'd say it's around 3.02.

I took the pcat and got 87 composite. My Lowest section was math at 62. I have absolutely NO PHARMACY EXPERIENCE so I won't have a LOR from a pharmacist as I want to apply now.

I am a California resident.

Applying to:
USC
Western
Touro
Creighton
UCSF
and a few others that I need to investigate.

So to sum it all up:

Good:

California resident for in-state preferences?
Post-baccalaureate certificate
87 PCAT
90 hours volunteer experience (but dental related).

Bad:
Sort of awful undergraduate GPA
NO PHARMACY EXPERIENCE.

So please, give me your opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

this isn't much help at all (sorry) but I'd just like to comment on how you're so much better off than I am, you make me jealous!

Good luck~

savvysearch said:
here's my situation. I have a 3.0 University GPA with a BS in bio. But it's probably 2/10s lower as I retook classes and they will probably be averaged. I also took a one year post-bac program for prehealth (which is an academic improvement type program for those applying to health grad schools). and got a 3.6 gpa. Combined the two, I'd say it's around 3.02.

I took the pcat and got 87 composite. My Lowest section was math at 62. I have absolutely NO PHARMACY EXPERIENCE so I won't have a LOR from a pharmacist as I want to apply now.

I am a California resident.

Applying to:
USC
Western
Touro
Creighton
UCSF
and a few others that I need to investigate.

So to sum it all up:

Good:

California resident for in-state preferences?
Post-baccalaureate certificate
87 PCAT
90 hours volunteer experience (but dental related).

Bad:
Sort of awful undergraduate GPA
NO PHARMACY EXPERIENCE.

So please, give me your opinion.

Um with your stats you might have a chance at touro or western. I would say apply early. The Pcat score really doesn't apply to california schools. Try to get a pharmacy related experience now, you still have time.... if you get the job or volunteer experience now, then you can write it on your application and by the time of the interview you can talk about it.... that'll up your chances with usc.

good luck =D