Has anyone gotten into dental school with these stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GokuxGON

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know they aren't the best scores. I know a lot of people will say retake. That's not really my question. I just want to know if people with SIMILAR stats have gotten in.
Overall GPA: 3.89
Science GPA: 3.82
DAT:
PAT: 16 ( i know this is the thing im most worried about!) has anyone gotten in with a 16 PAT?
QR: 18
RC: 20
Bio: 17 ( dissapointing)
GC: 19
OC:19
TS: 18
AA:19

I also did an internship with TAMCOD with good extra curriculars.

I'm applying to all Texas Dental Schools.
Thank you for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

yes, people with your stats get in every year
you just have to apply broadly and wisely...

Reactions: 1 users
I am also currently applying, but am pretty sure you have a solid chance. You should just check with schools about your PAT score to see if they have cutoffs. Your GPA is really good, if you want to apply to more competitive places, I would suggest retaking your DAT and you should be in a really good spot.

Reactions: 1 user
People with your stats get in, absolutely. Your GPA is more than strong enough, but you've got a gap between that and your DAT that could cause concern with some ADCOMs. Its logical to want to see your GPA and DAT saying the same thing, and in your case they aren't. You are certainly not out of the race unless the school(s) have a cutoff. I would email them and find that out, and adjust your strategy accordingly. But if I'm you, I'm probably exploring a retake.