Feb 10, 2012
Status
DPT / OTD
I have been improving my application each year, but I am doubtful that I will get in this year. I have already retaken classes, so my GPA is kinda stuck. I currently sit at the following:

3.15 Overall GPA
3.24 Prereq GPA
Verbal GRE: 149
Math GRE: 154
Essay: 4
Shadowing Hours: 100 Inpatient Neuro Unit/75 Outpatient/25 Home Care
Extracurricular: Way too many to list

I am just wondering if anyone else has had to apply to get into PT School 3 times to get in. Would make me feel much better about the situation.

Feb 2, 2013
Status
This is my third cycle as well took off the first year. I graduated in 2011 been working as a PT aid for about 8 months.

Dec 9, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I know of someone who has applied to Shenandoah's dpt program 4 times. I am sure that are a lot of others out there too given that acceptance into pt school is getting more and more competitive each year. Hang in there.

bnwj89

SPT
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2012
Status
I have been improving my application each year, but I am doubtful that I will get in this year. I have already retaken classes, so my GPA is kinda stuck. I currently sit at the following:

3.15 Overall GPA
3.24 Prereq GPA
Verbal GRE: 149
Math GRE: 154
Essay: 4
Shadowing Hours: 100 Inpatient Neuro Unit/75 Outpatient/25 Home Care
Extracurricular: Way too many to list

I am just wondering if anyone else has had to apply to get into PT School 3 times to get in. Would make me feel much better about the situation.
If you feel your GPA is stuck, I think one thing you could improve is your GRE. It is not bad, but could definitely be improved. When I was studying for the GRE, one thing that sticks out in my mind was the quote "The GRE is not a measure of how smart you are or how much you learned in college. It is a measure of how much you studied for the GRE."

I have no idea of your life situation, but if you don't get in this year, and are still able to re-apply next year, then I would suggest just totally committing several hours each day for at least a month to prepare for the GRE. Most of studying for the Verbal section is just memorizing vocabulary words, so the more time you spend, the better you will do.

Good Luck!