Has Anyone Heard Anything from Dublin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wrote to the Dean and she also confirmed that the calls were for acceptance!

I'm going to be a vet!!! Woohoo:laugh::eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if all the calls were made yesterday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey John Buckley replied to my email and he said they are still going through VMCAS applications! So if you haven't received any emails/phone calls, don't fret, its not over yet.
:luck:

Hey John Buckley replied to my email and he said they are still going through VMCAS applications! So if you haven't received any emails/phone calls, don't fret, its not over yet.
:luck:

awesome news! thanks!

Awesome news! Thanks SoBeVet!

...ok, seriously...*insert title thread here* :annoyed:

Hey everyone!

I have to admit I don't come on here that often, but just wanted to congratulate everyone who got in to Dublin (and anywhere else).
I also got in and would love to connect with anyone who is also deciding on going. :luck:

Hey everyone!

I have to admit I don't come on here that often, but just wanted to congratulate everyone who got in to Dublin (and anywhere else).
I also got in and would love to connect with anyone who is also deciding on going. :luck:

Nice to meet you Karadyan! I got into Dublin as well (sooo exciting) and just got rejected from my in-state school today (UF) so I'm kind of starting to think I won't be getting in anywhere in the US. I interviewed with Auburn last week but I feel like it went horribly so I don't see myself getting in :/ and all I have left to hear from is Tennessee, and they will be even more competitive than UF. Basically I'm pretty sure it'll either be Dublin or having to wait for at least another year, and frankly Dublin sounds AMAZING!! I visited Ireland 4 years ago, and it was literally the most beautiful place I've ever seen. It would pretty much triple my vet school costs, but I would definitely not mind spending the money in a place like Dublin! Have you definitely decided on going? I'm still trying to decide what to do if I don't get in anywhere else:/

Members don't see this ad :)
hi... I too (like Katydid) got into Dublin but got rejected from my instate UF!! I believe it is a sign that I'm meant to go somewhere else and travel! Hopefully I will see you there!

If you have any questions about Dublin, feel free to ask. I just posted a long message on the Dub/Ed/RVC thread. Hope to help some people come to UCD!!!!!:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Just wanted to see if any potential future Dubliners will be attending the Career fair in DC, and if so, if you will be attending the lunch beforehand? I would love to meet you guys!!!:):)

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here but definitely going to UCD Dublin for vet school in the Fall. I'd love to talk to anyone else who thinks they may go.

I'm not going to the conference, instead my Mom and I are going to Dublin for my spring break to check things out. :)

I'll let you know if I find out anything fun!

-M.A.

:eyebrow: Or at least I think thats what the email I just got means:

Dear VMCAS Applicants 2010

The UCD Dublin Veterinary Admissions Committee has reviewed VMCAS applications for entry September 2010. A wait list system is now in operation and will be reviewed regularly for possible offers depending on acceptances received. This will be an ongoing process over the next few months and we will contact those applicants whose status changes to offer on the waiting list.

Kind Regards
John Buckley
MVB Programme Manager
UCD Dublin

:eyebrow: Or at least I think thats what the email I just got means:

Dear VMCAS Applicants 2010

The UCD Dublin Veterinary Admissions Committee has reviewed VMCAS applications for entry September 2010. A wait list system is now in operation and will be reviewed regularly for possible offers depending on acceptances received. This will be an ongoing process over the next few months and we will contact those applicants whose status changes to offer on the waiting list.

Kind Regards
John Buckley
MVB Programme Manager
UCD Dublin

I got that email too and that is what I am thinking since people have been rejected already. eh, its better than being rejected!

I will be sending in my rejection tomorrow so that will open a spot for you guys. Best of luck to you.:)

Hopefully I can open up a spot for someone too! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

DogTyred - I didn't know you were accepted to Dublin as well! It looks like we can just submit our offer decline online on the same page our supplemental application was located.

DogTyred - I didn't know you were accepted to Dublin as well! It looks like we can just submit our offer decline online on the same page our supplemental application was located.

Hey, yeah that's good to know. I'll do that. Thanks!

I'm most likely going to reject Dublin... so another spot for someone!

hey sparkydoggie

I'm going to Dublin in september for Vet school! How are you finding the classes?

Sorry for bumping such an old thread....but, I didn't see info on interviews. I'm guessing US students don't do interview for Dublin, is that correct?

They don't do interviews. Only london (RVC) and glasgow do interviws in the states. Usually in NYC for east coast students and san fransico for west coast. edinburgh gives out conditional offers.

Hello,

Just wondering if any of you know the difference between applying through the Atlantic Bridge Program and VMCAS?

Why are there two methods of entry for North American students?

Thanks!

I wanted to bring this question back up since I don't think it was answered and I was wondering the same thing.

Did anyone else apply to Dublin this year? I just heard I was accepted into the 4 year program and am very excited to learn more about it! It looks like there are a few current dublin american students on here, can you guys tell me/us a little about the program and how you are liking it?

I am applying but have not heard anything yet. My status on the supplement is still n/a. I hope for good news soon!!

Hello,

Just wondering if any of you know the difference between applying through the Atlantic Bridge Program and VMCAS?

Why are there two methods of entry for North American students?

Thanks!

I don't know the exact difference, but I did apply to UCD this year through the ABP. The APB is a completely independent application program. If you go through APB, you do NOT use VMCAS.

I think that the purpose of the APB is to get more interest in Irish Veterinary and Medical Schools from US and Canadian applicants. Some of the pros for the APB in my experience were lower application cost, later due date and no supplemental.

As to whether or not it gives you a better chance, I doubt it since I was under the impression that UCD admissions reviews all applications, but again I don't know for sure.

I don't know the exact difference, but I did apply to UCD this year through the ABP. The APB is a completely independent application program. If you go through APB, you do NOT use VMCAS.

I think that the purpose of the APB is to get more interest in Irish Veterinary and Medical Schools from US and Canadian applicants. Some of the pros for the APB in my experience were lower application cost, later due date and no supplemental.

As to whether or not it gives you a better chance, I doubt it since I was under the impression that UCD admissions reviews all applications, but again I don't know for sure.

I too applied through the Atlantic Bridge Program, but being Canadian, it was my only option. The whole process was fairly simple and much less drawn out then the University of Guelph's admission process.

After I applied, I was told people would begin receiving notifications around March/April, so I'm not expecting to hear until then. Though, I wouldn't complain if I heard any earlier! :) Here's hoping for that acceptance letter.

Actually, ChancesAre, you could also have applied through VMCAS. I doubt if how you apply makes any difference. Good luck!

Oh really? I wasn't aware. I had just emailed the University of Dublin directly and they forwarded me on to the Atlantic Bridge Program. I'm sure applying from either would have been fine.

Hey guys, the ABP works for med, dental, and vet and was the original way of applying to UCD from north america for the last like 10 years, but you got accepted to the 5-year program. Now that they've started the 4 year graduate program you can apply through VMCAS. It doesn't matter in the US which you choose to use, most of the people here that applied through ABP just did so because the deadlines were so much later.

As for acceptances you guys should start hearing this week. I got a phone call Feb. 4th and recieved my letter in an email on February 10th last year. But the admissions are kind of rolling so they don't over fill the 40ish spots they have so you can still get accepted all the way up until June so don't panic if you don't hear right away.

Good luck!!

If you have specific questions you want answered PM me (I'm the UCD c/o 2014's class rep :)

-M.A.

Does Dublin interview??? i just got a voicemail from the dean i THINK saying i am in, have a flight to another school i'm supposed to leave for in 1.5 hours, will cancel if this phone call means i'm in...left her a voicemail, she has not yet called back?!?!

I am 99% sure they do NOT interview - so I am therefore pretty sure a big congrats is in order :D

So I think I was just accepted....

I went to check my supp application and "Status" went from N/A to "Offer."

There also is a new button that says "Pay Deposit" and "Offer Accepted"

Other accepted students who have been called, what does your supplement say?

I have not gotten a phone call or anything, but it is 8pm over there right now.

I just checked my application page and on the application summary page, under requirements, my transcripts don't have any date or notes on them. I had my undergrad university send them out early in December and have been trying to contact admissions to make sure they received them since I submitted my application, and still have not gotten any response. Kinda freaking out right now, not gonna lie...

I got an e-mail asking for another letter of recommendation.....better than a rejection; but not what I wanted.

My status still says N/A and I haven't received any emails. I don't know if this is a bad thing, or whether there may still be hope for me? Has anyone received rejections at this point?

I missed a call from them yesterday as well but about an hour or so later I got an email saying I was accepted. It now says "offer" under my status on my application page. :)

Would anyone who got accepted mind sharing some of that stats? I guess I'm getting a little anxious and trying to see what type of marks/experience have been accepted thus far.

Oh and of course, CONGRATS to all those accepted! That would have been an exciting phone call/email to receive!

Would anyone who got accepted mind sharing some of that stats? I guess I'm getting a little anxious and trying to see what type of marks/experience have been accepted thus far.

Oh and of course, CONGRATS to all those accepted! That would have been an exciting phone call/email to receive!

I had a 3.3 GPA (I have four Cs on my transcript), about 500 vet hours, and well over 1000 hours of animal experience. If it makes you feel any better, I'll probably be accepting at Glasgow so that'll open a position for someone else in the 4 year program. Best of luck! :)

I'll probably be accepting at Glasgow so that'll open a position for someone else in the 4 year program. Best of luck! :)

I also interviewed at Glasgow last week. If I get in there too I don't know which one I will pick...

I just got an email from admissions saying that they snail mailed my offer letter! I got in! OMG I AM GOING TO BE A VET!!! :soexcited:

I just got an email from admissions saying that they snail mailed my offer letter! I got in! OMG I AM GOING TO BE A VET!!! :soexcited:

Congratulations!!!! Sorry I missed those posts, we had midterms today ... but yeah that voice mail and change on your application status page meant you were accepted!! Dublin doesn't do interviews for international students which is nice because I find them so nerve wracking!! Anyways if you guys have questions or need help in deciding whether UCD is the right school for you, just let me know!!

:luck: M.A.

I haven't heard anything yet and my status has not changed from n/a. mas185, do you know when they notify applicants that they have not been accepted? I am still hopeful because I heard they issue offers in batches, based on how many accepted offers they receive. Thanks for your help!

UCD accepts students all throughout the summer as late as August - horrible I know. Some people get phone calls, some dont. Some get emails, some dont. Some just get a plain brown envelope in the mail with no other contact. lol welcome to the way of the Irish.

I haven't heard anything yet and my status has not changed from n/a. mas185, do you know when they notify applicants that they have not been accepted? I am still hopeful because I heard they issue offers in batches, based on how many accepted offers they receive. Thanks for your help!

gypsysoul is right they don't really send out rejection letters haha. At some point in the summer you might get a "we've filled our class but we'll keep you on the waiting list in case someone decides to go somewhere else blah blah blah" letter (I've heard they can even hold onto your application for the following year so you don't even have to reapply ... don't quote me on that one though). They do tend to send out acceptances starting about now and busily through April. Then they wait and tally up to see how many more spots they need to fill based on who actually decides to come to Dublin etc. and they fill the rest of the spots over the summer. So DO NOT PANIC if you haven't heard from them yet, its not a bad thing! I know the waiting sucks, but hopefully you'll get good news eventually :luck:

-M.A.

Thanks M.A.
Waiting is not fun but I won't give up yet. And there's always next year....:)