Has anyone heard anything from Midwestern-CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like I'll be boarding SS Midwestern Chicago! See you, class of 2014!

Members don't see this ad.

I was an alternate for about a week and got my ACCEPTANCE letter today as well! OMG IM GOING TO PHARMACY SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

congrats to everyone else also! :thumbup:

Okay i'm now accepted, what to do next? They sent me a letter telling me to do next step, but i'm confused. They said to submit them an Illinois Tech license but I don't even have one yet (still waiting to get mine here in CA). And should i go ahead and apply for Fafsa now? Any experts out there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay i'm now accepted, what to do next? They sent me a letter telling me to do next step, but i'm confused. They said to submit them an Illinois Tech license but I don't even have one yet (still waiting to get mine here in CA). And should i go ahead and apply for Fafsa now? Any experts out there?

http://www.idfpr.com/dpr/apply/phrmtech.asp

Check that out for more information on an IL technician license.

I just had my taxes filed. Since you are applying to graduate school you won't be using any of your parents tax information. Once your taxes are filed, then apply for fafsa.

If anyone knows about how to apply for grants and scholarships, I'd really appreciate any insight. Thanks!

http://www.idfpr.com/dpr/apply/phrmtech.asp

Check that out for more information on an IL technician license.

I just had my taxes filed. Since you are applying to graduate school you won't be using any of your parents tax information. Once your taxes are filed, then apply for fafsa.

If anyone knows about how to apply for grants and scholarships, I'd really appreciate any insight. Thanks!

My tech license in CA is about to expire in March also. Should I let the license expire or can I be licensed in two states at the same time? doc?

My tech license in CA is about to expire in March also. Should I let the license expire or can I be licensed in two states at the same time? doc?

I'd say you can be a tech in both states, but don't quote me on that. If you are concerned, call up Midwestern or the state to find out if you can do that. I honestly don't see a problem in being licensed in both states.

Congrats to all the people recently accepted. Do you guys mind sharing your interview date?

Hey guys, congrats to everyone who has been accepted. I have just recently been accepted off of the alternate list but am not going to attend, so for everyone on the alternate list the game is far from over, keep your heads up!

I dont think that is right. I dont have a tech license nor did CCP ask me for one.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont think that is right. I dont have a tech license nor did CCP ask me for one.
Read your acceptance letter. The third paragraph says you must provide a valid Illinois pharmacy technician license.

Doh! Ya i didnt receive my letter at my current address, went out to AZ and whatnot. Will have to do further investigation on this, my bad.

Hi all, I'm a bit confused about the IL pharm tech license too. I'm a CA applicant and I wonder if I need to take the PTCB exam before I can submit the IL pharm tech registration. The IL pharm tech registration seems to serve some record keeping purposes because the "license method" section indicates that it is "non-examination." And the "record of license information" section just asked me to enter any licensure information IF I have any, not something mandatory. Therefore I wonder if the PTCB exam is necessary. If anyone can shed some light on this matter I would be grateful.

well, from what I got from it, we dont need to take the exam and just pay 40ish dollars. Dang them and there relentless taking of my cold hard cash!:smuggrin:

I just filled out the IL tech license last night. Damn it's so much easier than getting one in CA! When I got mine 2 years ago I had to get my PTCB cert notarized, fingerprinted, pay money, and wait forever. Looks like the only requirement is that you are not a felon, owe no child support, and have a high school degree to be on in IL!

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted!

See you all in the fall!!!

Hi all, I'm a bit confused about the IL pharm tech license too. I'm a CA applicant and I wonder if I need to take the PTCB exam before I can submit the IL pharm tech registration. The IL pharm tech registration seems to serve some record keeping purposes because the "license method" section indicates that it is "non-examination." And the "record of license information" section just asked me to enter any licensure information IF I have any, not something mandatory. Therefore I wonder if the PTCB exam is necessary. If anyone can shed some light on this matter I would be grateful.

Getting a pharm tech license in Illinois is way easier to get than in California. My sister goes to MWU, and all she had to do was submit an application and she was done. So no, you don't have to take the PTCB exam.

Getting a pharm tech license in Illinois is way easier to get than in California. My sister goes to MWU, and all she had to do was submit an application and she was done. So no, you don't have to take the PTCB exam.

Thank you onychophagia for the clarification. I double checked with admissions and the IL Dept of Financial and Professional Regulation. They both confirmed that the IL pharm tech license does NOT require the PTCB exam. But I was also told by the Professional Regulation division that I will need to take the PTCB within two years once I receive the IL pharm tech license. Does this mean that I will need the take the PTCB for my rotations in my 3rd and 4th year?

Thank you onychophagia for the clarification. I double checked with admissions and the IL Dept of Financial and Professional Regulation. They both confirmed that the IL pharm tech license does NOT require the PTCB exam. But I was also told by the Professional Regulation division that I will need to take the PTCB within two years once I receive the IL pharm tech license. Does this mean that I will need the take the PTCB for my rotations in my 3rd and 4th year?

I've been a tech for over two years time and never was I required to take that exam.

Hey guys I have a question. Since the interviewers told us that the interview is informal, how much weight do you think is placed on the interview?

To those that have submitted their deposit:
If you chose to pay with a credit card, is there any transaction fee? Or is it just the $1000?

Hey guys I have a question. Since the interviewers told us that the interview is informal, how much weight do you think is placed on the interview?

I would think the interview is pretty much the dealbreaker at any pharmacy school. Since you can't get in unless you get an interview, it would seem useless for the admissions people to even bother with them if they had already made up their minds. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I don't think MWU is one of them.

To those that have submitted their deposit:
If you chose to pay with a credit card, is there any transaction fee? Or is it just the $1000?

Nope. Just the $1000!

Does anybody know when the last interviews are? I received an interview offer ( :) !!! ), but those dates don't really work out for me. In the interview portal, it says:

"If you are unable to attend any of the following dates, you will be notified when further dates are made available."

Does this mean that I just wait until new dates appear or do I need to let them know that I need to schedule on a different date?

I would call the admissions office and ask them. Generally the earlier you can do your interview, the better since it's a RA school.

Anyone have any idea how many spots are left in the upcoming class next semester? I just got an interview request, but am hesitant about spending the large amount of money for airfare/hotel/car rental if there are limited spots available.

Anyone have any idea how many spots are left in the upcoming class next semester? I just got an interview request, but am hesitant about spending the large amount of money for airfare/hotel/car rental if there are limited spots available.

yeah, i wanted to know the same thing. i sent in my supplemental just last week and received an invitation to interview today. i see that they have been accepting people for months now, so just wanted to know if it is even worth me buying the plane ticket, etc.?

OMG...I sent my supplemental in back on Jan. 7th and haven't heard anything back yet except that my application is complete. I just e-mailed them to see what is going on.

yeah, i wanted to know the same thing. i sent in my supplemental just last week and received an invitation to interview today. i see that they have been accepting people for months now, so just wanted to know if it is even worth me buying the plane ticket, etc.?

I don't know about exact numbers of how many have been accepted/committed but there are 30 people in the fb group so at least 30 have committed?!
It's still pretty early so I think you should base your decision off of whether MWU CCP is one of your top choices to determine if its worth it or not. Remember that they take a lot of people off of their waiting list and many people that get accepted choose not to go while waiting to hear from other schools. Hope that helps and good luck! :thumbup:

Hey does anybody have the direct link to get to the midwestern 2014 facebook page? i used to look it up everytime thru the search option but for some reason its not letting me find it any more

OMG...I sent my supplemental in back on Jan. 7th and haven't heard anything back yet except that my application is complete. I just e-mailed them to see what is going on.

I don't know about exact numbers of how many have been accepted/committed but there are 30 people in the fb group so at least 30 have committed?!
It's still pretty early so I think you should base your decision off of whether MWU CCP is one of your top choices to determine if its worth it or not. Remember that they take a lot of people off of their waiting list and many people that get accepted choose not to go while waiting to hear from other schools. Hope that helps and good luck! :thumbup:

What optimistic said is accurate. They told me at the interviews that they accept 700 student anticipating only 200 students will commit. They even said they had to pull from the waitlist in order to fill all available seats. I think you have a good chance. This school is obviously not everyones first choice, but it was mine! =)

What I was told at the interview was they expect to interview 650-700 and accept 350-400 with the notion many will turn the offer down. However, if you have comparable stats (to Midwesterns avg.) I would say give it a shot!

i scheduled my interview for march 12th, anyone else interviewing that day?

For those of you interested in dorming, I had a housing tour today. It was a pretty crappy tour because she was only able to show me the Birch wing (traditional dorms), Redwood 1 and 2.

Redwood 2 are the newer looking dorms. They were the best out of the 3 I saw and the price difference is minimal. Each one she showed me is a private room with a shared bathroom. The bathroom doors can be locked so your neighbor doesn't have access to your room whenever he/she pleases lol. Redwood dorms are all wi-fi enabled and have a study lounge on each floor. There is also a community kitchen with a stove, microwave and large fridge. The fridge is free for everyone on the floor to use and everything in there was labeled with peoples names.I'm not gonna both talking about the traditional dorms because I think theyre crappy.

Ill also mention they have a lot of special housing options for those that like their privacy. The more expensive living arrangements are on the first floor and they mainly consist of larger living space, private kitchen/bath etc.

For those of you interested in dorming, I had a housing tour today. It was a pretty crappy tour because she was only able to show me the Birch wing (traditional dorms), Redwood 1 and 2.

Redwood 2 are the newer looking dorms. They were the best out of the 3 I saw and the price difference is minimal. Each one she showed me is a private room with a shared bathroom. The bathroom doors can be locked so your neighbor doesn't have access to your room whenever he/she pleases lol. Redwood dorms are all wi-fi enabled and have a study lounge on each floor. There is also a community kitchen with a stove, microwave and large fridge. The fridge is free for everyone on the floor to use and everything in there was labeled with peoples names.I'm not gonna both talking about the traditional dorms because I think theyre crappy.

Ill also mention they have a lot of special housing options for those that like their privacy. The more expensive living arrangements are on the first floor and they mainly consist of larger living space, private kitchen/bath etc.

I heard someone said something about Pines Dorms or something like that. Are they the same thing as Redwood 2? So have u decide where u want to live? Give me suggestion please as I have no idea wat's going on ova there. Plzzzzz

i have a question for any current Midwestern students or anyone familiar with the area, is it possible to live in Chicago and commute to Downers Grove every day, or is it too far?

did the class fill up yet? I am still waiting to hear from them

i have a question for any current Midwestern students or anyone familiar with the area, is it possible to live in Chicago and commute to Downers Grove every day, or is it too far?

I live in downtown Chicago right now - Streeterville area. On the morning of my interview (the first time I ever drove to Midwestern) it took me about 40 mins to drive basically directly west of the city luckily without any traffic. After the interview got out it also took me about 40 mins, but that was in the afternoon. I would imagine there would be traffic coming back at 5/6/or whenever classes get out, and it would be about an hour to an hour and a half commute. Also there's no free parking downtown. To park outside it's usually $150/mo and to park in a garage runs about $250/mo.

I heard someone said something about Pines Dorms or something like that. Are they the same thing as Redwood 2? So have u decide where u want to live? Give me suggestion please as I have no idea wat's going on ova there. Plzzzzz

The Pines is the apartment housing and not technically dorms, but still on campus. They have a single bedroom with living area and kitchen.

The Pines is the apartment housing and not technically dorms, but still on campus. They have a single bedroom with living area and kitchen.

So is it a lot better than the dorm? What are your choices? I want to hear your input.

So is it a lot better than the dorm? What are your choices? I want to hear your input.

I guess it's better if u don't want to share with other people, but from my understanding apt living is more for the peeps who have a family, married, etc. They're also more expensive for obvious reasons. Personally I prefer Redwood 2 dorms like others have mentioned here, but I wouldn't be upset if they couldn't give me my first choice & gave me the Pines instead. IMO, in ranking the housing choices, I would rather live in the apt housing over a single with private bath since to me they're already pretty much the same thing & similarly priced from what I remember. I've never been to see the apts so I can't say for sure if they're really any better, these are just my assumptions.

has anyone heard anything from the Feb. 5th interviews?